2017 Tahoe..45K MILES - To Flush or Not to Flush Trans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a yes, I will be having the dealer do it, so I don't think they will use any harsh Flush additives, and the warranty coverage should keep me safe until 60k miles.

Appreciate the replies!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like a yes, I will be having the dealer do it, so I don't think they will use any harsh Flush additives, and the warranty coverage should keep me safe until 60k miles.

Appreciate the replies!

You should not have ANY warranty issues when the dealer is doing it. Make sure that all requested work and work done is detailed on the work order and all documented.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would if I were you. I'm going to have mine changed (filter included) at 25k

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, agreed, especially if Chevrolet/GM/Cadillac dealer does the flush there should be no question at all if it came to a warranty claim.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when a warranty is involved it always goes back to the dealer for me unless its something really basic. i buy most of my vehicles from the same place and warranty concerns and trade in business they usually just go by my word on further maintenance i do beyond brake pads and engine oil changes. if your not in good with a dealer like i seem to be try to get anything that could cause a warranty issue done through a dealer.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Well... how long do you plan to keep your truck? 80-100k, I wouldn't bother. It becomes the next owner's problem, as ****** as that sounds.

Want to keep it longer? I'd do it every 30k if I had my way. That being said I like to keep my vehicles for a bit, and my maintenance schedules seem to have bypassed me from common issues on various vehicles that can be tracked down to what are primarily fluid issues in disguise.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll also add support for the "50% rule". Early changing of fluids will only help your drive-train, remember an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.