2017 suburban excessive bounce over bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abdullah576

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I have a 2017 suburban, and i noticed the front end kinda bounces over bumps and potholes especially idk why. I never experienced this in any car the rear end is good. But its kinda harsh especially over bigger bumps the car really bounces in the front. I have 115k miles on the car idk if its my struts. but anyone else had this issue?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OEM struts are good for about 100,000 miles, and it would appear that it is time for you to change yours.

Other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me on that year truck will chime in.

m8rz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I have a 2017 suburban, and i noticed the front end kinda bounces over bumps and potholes especially idk why. I never experienced this in any car the rear end is good. But its kinda harsh especially over bigger bumps the car really bounces in the front. I have 115k miles on the car idk if its my struts. but anyone else had this issue?
These vehicles have a naturally soft suspension compared to most vehicles. But if your bounce is excessive and you have never changed your shocks it may be the issue. Especially with your mileage. My Yukon needed new shocks at about 75k miles. Once the new shocks were in, the bounce went away and returned to a very controlled soft float. Also, inspect your coil springs for any signs of cracks or permanent compression. I Hope that helps.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it drastically nose dive is you slam the brakes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan