2016 Z71 vs LTZ questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drew082490

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I recently bought a 2016 Tahoe LTZ and am interested in swapping the front bumper for a Z71 bumper for extra ground clearance and the skid plate. I also dislike the LTZ chrome lined running boards and am interested in the Z71 style nerf bars. Can anyone confirm if the Z71 bumper would just bolt on on the same pattern as my LTZ front bumper? Also, I assume the nerf bars from a Z71 would fit as well.

Any leads on a black Z71 front bumper or recs on nerf bars would be appreciated. I’m in Central Texas.

Thanks!

cardershack

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this or know if it would work? My LT bumper on the driver side where it bolts to the front fender has broken and doesn’t stay on. It slide out all the time and I just shove it back when it sticks out. It’s pretty annoying and I didn’t see this when I bought it at the dealership 4 months ago. I’ve already added tow hooks and the fascia that has the holes for them but unless I throw a small screw in there to hold it in I would have to replace that part of the bumper. If I had to go through that I’d rather look into swapping for the Z71 front bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts