2016 Yukon XL Denali - buffeting/excessive vibration - follow along

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have a slight vibration in the wheel. I blame it on the 22" wheels. My Expedition EL had the factory 20's and it acted similarly. I'll wait until after winter and driving on rough roads to have mine road-forced.

I also had an issue with reduced power and service engine light last Thursday. I filled the tank with 93 octane and all is good again.

Lastly, I know there is a bulletin on the buffeting. But I wonder how many people are experiencing the AFM system kicking in and out? I had a G8GT that also had the DOD that did something very similarly. It would vibrate and slightly drone when the 4 cylinder mode would kick in. If I placed the car in manual mode, it would disable AFM and this would not occur.

Nothing ever fixed it until I replaced the cam which disabled AFM. It also disabled any sort of fuel savings.

I hate to jinx myself, but so far my Denali has exceeded my expectations. Even at $78K there really isn't anything else out there comparable.

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have a slight vibration in the wheel. I blame it on the 22" wheels. My Expedition EL had the factory 20's and it acted similarly. I'll wait until after winter and driving on rough roads to have mine road-forced.

I also had an issue with reduced power and service engine light last Thursday. I filled the tank with 93 octane and all is good again.

Lastly, I know there is a bulletin on the buffeting. But I wonder how many people are experiencing the AFM system kicking in and out? I had a G8GT that also had the DOD that did something very similarly. It would vibrate and slightly drone when the 4 cylinder mode would kick in. If I placed the car in manual mode, it would disable AFM and this would not occur.

Nothing ever fixed it until I replaced the cam which disabled AFM. It also disabled any sort of fuel savings.

I hate to jinx myself, but so far my Denali has exceeded my expectations. Even at $78K there really isn't anything else out there comparable.
Anyone got this fixed yet

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
No...mine is in the shop today for the 3rd time - this time focused on the vibrations from 70-80mph...I am actually considering going to a Yukon from a Yukon XL if I can find one that doesn't have these two major issues.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...mine is in the shop today for the 3rd time - this time focused on the vibrations from 70-80mph...I am actually considering going to a Yukon from a Yukon XL if I can find one that doesn't have these two major issues.

Find one without a sunroof also. Ours has been great so far.. ;)

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of one person who has got this fixed. But want to make sure it's just not a fluke fix and they have the information to correct it at will before I purchase one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk