2016 Updates/Changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't happen, hardware changes were included to make it possible that was the only hold up.

Are they hardware changes that could be retrofitted? HMI swap or something?

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think 8 spd. On the 5.3s and a 400 lb weight reduction. IRS in 2017. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what "no" means:
1. you'd have to purchase all the updated modules, which means you'd have to know which ones changed, and that isn't going to be easy.
2. you'd have to be able to purchase all the new modules which will be price prohibitive and you'll likely to be able to purchase in the first place.
3. the current wiring harness won't support the new stuff.
4. at the end of the day, likely cheaper to trade-in your 15 for a 16.

On the other hand "no" presents a challenge to those who will not take no for an answer.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically, and you aren't even factoring in what I'll charge to make new software for it to even make a retrofit possible; trade it in.

crowdedstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Basically, and you aren't even factoring in what I'll charge to make new software for it to even make a retrofit possible; trade it in.

Hi GTP -- curious your perception of the changes coming for the in-dash for 2016. Game changing or incremental?

I'm likely going to go for a 2015 or '16 SLT, car integration is a big deal for me (and I'm a bit of an AAPL enthusiast) and don't necessarily have to buy immediately. CarPlay has me thinking of waiting but then again, I generally opt for Google vs. Apple Maps anyway, music/phone integration already seems good, and I'll probably have to wait a while until the 2016's are more available to get better pricing.

Thoughts?

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait for the '16s to actually be on a lot somewhere so you can see what was actually deployed...GM and OnStar both have a habit of setting expectations higher than they have the ability to deliver on the technology/electronics front.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The changes are just small evolutions as far as the end user can see the big changes are programming behind the scenes. Its the same infotainment just with a beefier controller and software to allow for car play, they look the same on the outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe