2016 Tahoe - keep or trade in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could spend 30k more on it and still be cheaper than any new one you could buy.

Toothless

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My LT has 103xxx miles on it & just had to get a new transmission, and about 2 years ago had to get the top end of the engine replaced or fixed??? I'm not mechanically savvy so please forgive LOL

With that said, what do you all think? Keep it or trade it in?
I have an 07 with 290 thousand miles. Have replaced transmission and rear end but still going! Knock on wood real quick!

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is giving you trouble then trade it for a k2xx Escalade 2018-2020 with the 10-speed. You could find one with low miles for under 50k. The Escalade is better because it has 16 speakers and more options then the GMC & Chevy. If you don’t have the active suspension magnetic ride then get a truck with it and you will really appreciate it. I had a 2016 Tahoe LT w/o magnetic ride and I hated the truck. I leased it and gave it back in 2020 and bought a Escalade. The Escalade headlights are great at night and the CUE and cluster is awesome. The 6.2 420 Hp is the best engine I ever seen in a truck. The first thing I would do is change the vlom with the update part to avoid lifter failure.

OP
OP
DGsHoe

DGsHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You didn’t mention specifically the word battery. I had a 16 that would do weird electrical tricks but once the battery was replaced, they all disappeared for good. (See what I did)

Example, right front window would only go all the way up once pressed unless I toggled it. New battery, I could stop it anytime I wished.
Was "(See what I did)" supposed to be a link? If so, will you shoot me a PM with it so I can take a look?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was "(See what I did)" supposed to be a link? If so, will you shoot me a PM with it so I can take a look?
“Electrical tricks” and “disappeared “ were magic phrases. No links. All thanks to a new battery, all was cured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo