2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali Brake light out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
The brake light on my 2016 Yukon is out. everything else works. There isn't a bulb to replace for these,

The dealer says that I have to replace the complete assembly $850 + labor? Seriously?

Anyone have instructions with a fix?

I have to get my yukon inspected by the end of the month too....

Thanks

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to my drivers side tail light. Used a repair core exchange program from a seller on eBay. Seller username: redseaa

OEM repaired tail light shipped to me, swapped it myself (plenty of how to vids on YouTube, it’s simple), shipped back my OEM non-working tail light and got my core refunded back via PayPal.

All in $200. Highly recommend this route.

Akinshake

Reaction score
Having same problem with mine. I’m taking them to a local guy who does this but he also fixes and ships them back to you if you’re not local Ledfix.com talked to him yesterday and seems to really know his stuff.

JRH2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a pretty easy fix if you follow instructions from YouTube videos.I had my out,fixed and back in in less than an hour and I had 2 bad spots on mine.

OP
OP
T

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
It's a pretty easy fix if you follow instructions from YouTube videos.I had my out,fixed and back in in less than an hour and I had 2 bad spots on mine.

Yeah I decided to open it up on friday night and fix it. Took me maybe 30 minutes or so. Repaired. only 1 spot was bad on mine. Very poor design.

doing a google search with as many complaints I saw, you'd think they made a recall for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo