2016 Denali Yukon XL leveling kit white diamond tricoat 295 Toyo MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Lee Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: after about 100 miles on the Yukon. I did notice some rubbing today as I was making a hard left turn. I think that a simple zip tie to the inner fender liner will fix the problem. Maybe the suspension is settling a bit? Used to the little bit of noise from the tires also. No big deal.

2016 Yukon XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where did you get the leveling kit and did you have it done by the dealer? Any warranty voiding issues with putting this on? I have a 2016 XL as well..Mine is an SLE though not Denali...BUT..I am waiting for a set of the Denali 22 inch wheels with 285/45/22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2'S. I don't like the rake it comes with stock so i am interested in the kit you have, any info on it and warranty concerns would be great..Thanks It looks Freaking awesome BTW...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW this thing is sick. Nicely done man you couldn't have done anything else to make it better. So so so so so so so clean. Looks like something GM would make for the old school Tahoe's in the 90's where it was an offroad Z71 / old school Ducks Unlimited version.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you. That looks great. I like that amount of lift and am curious to see about warranty concerns. My wife gave me the stink eye about the tires "it Came with new tires"... so... other projects for now but when new tires are called for... I'll be looking at a similar setup. Great pic's and very nicely done.

LGSONE

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice look...my only recommendation is to to discipline yourself to rotate those tires every 5K miles. Dry pavement will eat them up.

OP
OP
L

Lee Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I have had several sets of these Toyo M/ts on other trucks/yukons and they are really good tires....but you are spot on about keeping them rotated. They do sit really square on these wheels, which will help prevent the cupping issues that plagues some of these mud terrains.

The leveling kit is a custom kit put together by a friend of mine that owns Down East Offroad in Wilson, NC downeastoffroad.com

I'm not sure if he sells them for self installs or not. Probably would I guess.

So far, I have been in to the dealer and shown them what I did. I have bought my last 4 or so personal vehicles from them and all those had a mild lift and larger tires on them within 1000 miles of being new. Never had a warranty issue with them.

Actually just had to go in today to get scheduled for some warranty work. The stitching on the passenger headrest "Denali" the "i" is about unraveled. Also, the headliner around the dvd players and also the sunglass holder is fraying apart. Something I would not have expected from a vehicle with this price tag. So, looks like a new headrest is on order and a headliner replacement or repair.

Got about 1600 miles on the yukon now and everything has been working pretty well otherwise. Tires get a lot of looks.....most think it is crazy that I did it on a brand new Denali. I use the rig for family trips and also to go down to my hunt camp and hauling stuff around town, so it works for me and makes it not look so much like a soccer mom or grandma vehicle.....so I like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17