2015i order changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpartanS5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, that's me!
Hello fellow Ford truck brother..
The column shifter looks permanent.

Ah ha! I thought so. I vaguely remember when you posted about buying a new 2004 Chevy (I think) 2500 with the 6.0 for a plow truck, and all the Ford guys gave you a hard time about the IFS. That site used to be fun... The Internet is a small world sometimes.

motorwerks said:
Column shift will remain

A little disappointing to hear about the column shift. I was hoping with the introduction of the 8 speed they would find a better (read less intrusive and obvious) apparatus for gear selection. That's probably the only thing I really dislike about the new Denali. For me, the giant shifter is very out of place in an otherwise beautiful cabin. First world problems as they say, and it certainly won't prevent me from buying one. I'm very excited about the 8 speed and 6.2 combo!

Last edited:

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a dash mounted rotary knob like Ram would be nice. Then give it some paddle shifters. I'm sure 2016 will get that LOL.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spartans5,

A simple electronic button shifter mounted on the dash would be a nice modern change, while still keeping the center drink holders free of a shifter.

Yes, that site was a ton of fun with a lot of good people. Those were the days, and a lot of new tuning was just starting to come out. I'll never know how I didn't blow the heads off of that 6.0l. Just plain lucky I guess.

I still have a Super duty for the summer, and a Silverado for winter, just not the same trucks as before. I'm waiting for the new aluminum SD, hopefully spring of 16' it'll be available.
I never had a problem with the Chevy, but it isn't a Ford. I just like the change up..

Last edited:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be the only person who actually likes the column shifter. One of the things we use this thing for is ski trips and I often drive with ski gloves on when it's really cold so having a big, obvious lever for a shifter is somehing I appreciate.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the column shifter DOES keep the center console nice and clean. The cupholders are completely unobstructed and the center stack design is neater. I do think the buttons on the steering wheel are rather cheap looking. The previous generation trucks had better quality switchgear on the steering wheel. I can foresee the plastic layer cracking and peeling down the road.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the column shifter DOES keep the center console nice and clean. The cupholders are completely unobstructed and the center stack design is neater. I do think the buttons on the steering wheel are rather cheap looking. The previous generation trucks had better quality switchgear on the steering wheel. I can foresee the plastic layer cracking and peeling down the road.

Yeah, that's another thing I like about the column shifter. My wife's Acadia has the shifter located in the center console and, as a result, it doesn't have much in the way of storage in the middle. I much prefer the layout of my Suburban.

steph230

Reaction score
Thank goodness for this forum! I have one dealer I prefer to work with but have been in talks with others to compare pricing. Every one of them has told me I know way more about the 2015i than they do.
I'm still waiting for pricing to be released before I order but wanted to get a couple of opinions here, if possible.
I drove a white diamond tricoat Denali that had cocoa/dark atmosphere interior. I really liked the contrast. I had originally wanted the jet black interior (have 3 kids who are not the neatest passengers) but when I saw the other, I liked it and it seems dark enough to hide some messes. However, I have read some comments on some forums that it can look purple. Does anyone have this interior or have any thoughts on it?
I am fairly certain I want white diamond tricoat (coming from a dark SUV now and want a change) and definitely a dark interior.
Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness for this forum! I have one dealer I prefer to work with but have been in talks with others to compare pricing. Every one of them has told me I know way more about the 2015i than they do.
I'm still waiting for pricing to be released before I order but wanted to get a couple of opinions here, if possible.
I drove a white diamond tricoat Denali that had cocoa/dark atmosphere interior. I really liked the contrast. I had originally wanted the jet black interior (have 3 kids who are not the neatest passengers) but when I saw the other, I liked it and it seems dark enough to hide some messes. However, I have read some comments on some forums that it can look purple. Does anyone have this interior or have any thoughts on it?
I am fairly certain I want white diamond tricoat (coming from a dark SUV now and want a change) and definitely a dark interior.
Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You are exactly correct. I would revisit your dealer and take a look at the interior under bright and direct light...the seats are not stark grey but do have a purplish-violet hue to it.

FWIW, the jet black interior leather on the Denali IS SLIGHTLY lighter in hue than the jet black on the SLT. Also, the contrasting white stitching does make it nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYone