2015 Yukon Denali vs 2015 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for not debating on what you and I know nothing about, and thanks for conceding that you have absolutely no idea of what alloy Ford is using and that you have zero experience working with it.. That finally makes sense, doesn't it?

I was a post bankruptcy GM stock holder. I sold right before the recall dilemma. I bought at pennies on the dollar, and am quite pleased at the turn around AFTER the fact of the bankruptcy. It did just happen Dale. I did just buy a new Denali also Dale. Did you conveniently forget that?

I think some are sophisticated enough to get the point of the conversation without taking offense to what is accepted business knowledge..
Take it any way you want I guess...

Again, for those who can not comprehend without breaking down into a silent rage, while whining about having to learn new techniques to make a dollar, I own four of those competing trucks right now. Two of each. How about you Dale?
If not, just how do you accurately compare?
I compare by owning.. Try that before tossing convenient jabs.
I think my opinions are completely unbiased, especially since I have a new GM on the way..

By "one the way", I mean after 40+ weeks of waiting while GM sifts through and fixes multiple quality control issues on a 76K SUV.
I draw much confidence from this...

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I compare by working with them day in and day out. I can tell you first hand that a good hit on a Ford frame takes less than 10k pounds to straighten out, and that a GM or dodge takes upwards of 20k to get them straight. Ive owned Ford, and they were trash. Junk motors, interiors made of lesser plastics, and don't get me started on how their engineering dept decided that more half of the construction was a good idea. I've said it before and Ill say it again. Ask any general mechanic who works on all makes and models what they would rather work on. The answer is NEVER Ford, because they are ass backwards and even a hillbilly with a GED is smarter than some of their engineers.

You still don't understand unless you do it, which you are apparently too sophisticated to grasp. Its not about new techniques. I am more than willing to bet whatever aluminum they use is identical to 99.9% of the aluminum bodied vehicles out there. Ford didn't invent the aluminum body which most uninformed sheep will believe due to their marketing. Other OEM's have been doing it for years, and its all the same.

But I wont get your point because I don't own their stock, and I'm certainly not sophisticated. Ill get back to banging metal now.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I compare by working with them day in and day out. I can tell you first hand that a good hit on a Ford frame takes less than 10k pounds to straighten out, and that a GM or dodge takes upwards of 20k to get them straight. Ive owned Ford, and they were trash. Junk motors, interiors made of lesser plastics, and don't get me started on how their engineering dept decided that more half of the construction was a good idea. I've said it before and Ill say it again. Ask any general mechanic who works on all makes and models what they would rather work on. The answer is NEVER Ford, because they are ass backwards and even a hillbilly with a GED is smarter than some of their engineers.

You still don't understand unless you do it, which you are apparently too sophisticated to grasp. Its not about new techniques. I am more than willing to bet whatever aluminum they use is identical to 99.9% of the aluminum bodied vehicles out there. Ford didn't invent the aluminum body which most uninformed sheep will believe due to their marketing. Other OEM's have been doing it for years, and its all the same.

But I wont get your point because I don't own their stock, and I'm certainly not sophisticated. Ill get back to banging metal now.

Please do...
Meanwhile, I am sure Ford truck buyers/owners might be giggling along with me to the point of ROTFLMFAO. about that post..
Ciao..

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

BTW, I won't use the Ford term "Ford owns work", but if you do need a ride in an ambulance, work done by a power company, or just about any work related firm that uses a 3/4 to 1 ton truck, it will most probably be a Ford. I haven't seen a GM work truck in my life around here...

Here is a quick nugget to read.

The Super Duty frame has not changed. Basically, the Ford has a hydroformed / fully boxed front frame section from the bumper to the front of the cab, and the rest is a c-channel steel frame with reinforcing cross members. The GM HD trucks have a fully-boxed frame from end to end, with the front section also hydroformed. The box is certainly more resistant to flex, but Ford argues the open c-channel frame has a couple of advantages not available to a box frame: easier and more friendly to vocational upfits, and potentially more resistant to rust. The steel thickness of the c-channel is decidedly thicker than the steel in GM’s box, and proponents of this style frame claim that helps prevent rust from a couple of standpoints: moisture and dirt cannot be trapped inside the frame and therefore cause internal rusting to start, plus the overall thickness of the steel means there is more steel to rust through before frame weakness begins. Ford’s primary argument is that the thick, open c-channel is much more upfit friendly. Bolts for frame attachment can be shorter, and are set in much beefier steel. Box frame attachment, due to the thinner steel walls, require reinforcing gussets around mounting points for attachments, and require longer bolts through the frame. Judging by the sheer number of Super Duty’s used with up fitments (including utility / communication bucket trucks, fire trucks, ambulances, mechanic body trucks, railroad trucks, DOT plow / sand trucks, tree trim trucks, etc) it would seem most commercial users and upfitters prefer the Super Duty’s. While I do believe any frame can be reasonably rustproofed, and upfitters will adapt to boxed frame mounts, the current Ford frame is fine for virtually every user. Who is going to park their truck off-road camping with the suspension articulated to the max? GM has found a way to make themselves look good but the sales numbers don’t lie

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess the Moderator is going to have to come on here and clean this post up also and get everyone back on track. Getting a little old with a couple of posters on this forum. Moderator hope you are monitering.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ Nah.... it's fine. It's in the 15+ section, everyone knows that's the black hole of the site. Damn 15+'ers

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't change a thing. This thread has been a constant source of entertainment! :)

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez, clean up the thread?
I mean seriously? :roflbow:

It's just nightly Internet entertainment. Dude, take a breath and relax. No one dies here..
In the end, we are all still friends.

tpgunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the interesting read. I am currently waiting for delivery on my 2015 Tahoe. and look forward to being part of the Forum...sort of an interesting story how I ended up here as I was a dedicated Ford Fleet Customer.

I currently have a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport which I like a lot. It's a blast to drive, and I have gotten more compliments about this car than any other I have owned. I have 75,000 miles on it currently. At 40,000 miles (roughly a year into ownership) I noticed that the paint was bubbling all along the hood (which happens to be Aluminum). I inquired at the dealer about a fix and was informed I would have to cover the costs myself. I escalated this with Ford to a regional level wiht both service as well as my commercial manager. I supplied them my Fleet code and explained that we obviously have spent quite a bit with them as we had purchased 12 Ford Vehicles over the last 18 months (combination of 2 Explorers, 7 Super Duty Pickups, and 3 Transit Vans). After considerable waiting and very poor customer service, they still refused to repaint my hood at their cost. This didn't sit well with me and I explained to the Regional Manager at that time that would be our last Ford purchase for awhile. I have no clue if "Aluminum" is going to be a boom or a bust for Ford. But so far, my experience with Aluminum and Ford is that they cant keep the paint on it and they aren't going to back it up.

So here I am anxiously awaiting delivery on my new Tahoe. Looking forward to a little larger vehicle as we our a family of six and the kids are getting bigger. This will fit our family well. We have close friends who have a few of the 2015 and they all are happy with them.

Another interesting tidbit, besides my new Tahoe, I have 3 - 2015 Chevy Super Duty's and a Chevy Super Duty Chassis with a Box on order. I didn't bother to renew my commercial line of credit with Ford this year. When my rep stopped in to ask why, I simply told him I had already ordered five 2015 Chevy's and I didnt have a need for it. He then asked me why I moved away from Ford so I took him outside and I reminded him of the story of them not covering the costs to repaint my hood. The look on the guy's face was priceless. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Last edited:

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still amazed the Expedition has halogen headlamps. Same goes for the GMs SLT and LT models. Over $60k and you can't at a minimum add HIDs, not to mention LEDs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo