2015 Yukon Denali vs 2015 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Has anyone seen the 2015 Expeditions in person yet?

lol - what a JOKE!

Prior to my 15 Yukon, I have ALWAYS been a Ford guy. I had F150s and my wife had a 2013 Explorer. That Explorer was a GIANT POS and had more problems than you could shake a stick at.

So, we started looking for new vehicles in Feb 14. I had heard about the redesign of the 15 Expedition. Thankfully, we chose the Yukon Denali. The next Expeditions are quite possibly one of the ugliest vehicles front/back and inside I have ever seen. They are as cheap as can be with zero of the modern tech our Yukon has. Basically an old gen F150 with an SUV body.

We were cruising lots yesterday and the local Ford dealer had 3 Expeditions in stock. Needless to say, I'd rather have my Yukon over 2 Expeditions.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a good rugged SUV, and not like a station wagon on steroids. I would definitely look at one.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics bro, post pics

2015-ford-expedition-front-three-quarters.jpg

2015-Ford-Expedition-rear-view.jpg

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
*************. Same truck as its been for 10+ years. Thats Fords style.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the next Expedition/Navigator redesign will be in 2016.
It's the same old 2003 truck they have been selling, just with a different shade of lipstick.
That's why I chose to buy another GM SUV. They are definitely better today. Tomorrow may be different..

I'm a Ford truck guy. I mean truck as in pick up truck.
I think they are superior in every way. Having said that, they stick to the same body design way too long. The Ford Super Duty has been the same body style for 18 years. Finally, some body changes in 2017 when they change over to an all tempered aluminum body.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the next Expedition/Navigator redesign will be in 2016.
It's the same old 2003 truck they have been selling, just with a different shade of lipstick.
That's why I chose to buy another GM SUV. They are definitely better today. Tomorrow may be different..

I'm a Ford truck guy. I mean truck as in pick up truck.
I think they are superior in every way. Having said that, they stick to the same body design way too long. The Ford Super Duty has been the same body style for 18 years. Finally, some body changes in 2017 when they change over to an all tempered aluminum body.

Well said.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Theres good reason GM OWNS the market share of full size SUVs. Nobody elses do compare to them. I dont see that changing much with the next gen Expedition / Navigator.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2015 refresh is a huge upgrade from the previous years. The one thing that bugs me is there is still no heated steering wheel. But the EB 3.5L is a great engine. Love it in my 13 SHO.

That said, the Yukon is still king. But a loaded up Expy can be had for mid 50s with rebates, a better value than the SLT, IMO. Also has higher towing ratings if that's important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz