2015 Yukon Denali - Tire & Wheel Questions w/ level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Hey gang, just joined the forum although I have been a long time watcher. Great information out there and such detail on the mods and such - so thank you.

I currently have a 2011 Tahoe Z71 (pictured) which I love. Leveling kit, 18" KMC XD Misfits, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Brush Guard, Tail Light Covers & some other goodies (K&N, etc).

But will be moving into a 2015 Yukon Denali probably by year end (as soon as I can get my hands on a GM Employee certificate). I plan on the Summit White or Silver.

The great part is I'm so stoked I've already started ordering all the extra goodies! Current plans:

1. Diablo InTune
2. K&N 77-3082KP intake
3. Tinting the front windows to match
4. HMI & Phone Mirror setup
5. The running board LED lights
6. Swapping the reverse & fogs with LED
7. 2.5" & 1.5" leveling kit

So onto what I really need help with. I am very fond of the "storm trooper" look my current vehicle has. :) It isn't for everyone I know, but it would be my third GM (Avalance, Tahoe, Yukon) setup that way so I am fond of it. I also am fond of white or silver since I am in construction and the dust and such kills any sort of black or dark vehicle.

The 22" wheels are pretty sweet and I am torn on just going with the stock look but I actually like the black gloss replica wheels (163/164 series) that are out there. Does anyone have these wheels? I cannot find a picture of them on a Yukon or Tahoe to save my life so I am reluctant to go that route or just either powder coat the silver/chrome or even bring my own wheels to the deal.

I love the Nitto's as well. My Tahoe has 100,000 miles on it and I still have a solid 20k left on my second set of tires, they have been fantastic and look great. Since I am in construction I prefer the more aggressive tread pattern although I don't off road the vehicle other than some grading sites and such.

Questions:

1. Anyone know of anyone running the gloss black 22" rims?
2. With the leveling kit what are the largest tires you can put on the 22" without rubbing?
3. Do you think I should just bring my own wheels to the deal (dealer will give me credit back if I do)? If I brought my own it would probably be the XD Monster, Fuel Hostage or BMF Novakanes and I would move back to a 20" wheel.

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• 858447_10200687704657008_928359835_o.jpg
    858447_10200687704657008_928359835_o.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 96
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 80

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to finally joining!

I haven't seen anyone with those wheels that I can remember...

OP
OP
coffeyman76

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Welcome to finally joining!

I haven't seen anyone with those wheels that I can remember...

Thanks!

Yeah I have scoured pretty hard to find a picture of a vehicle (any) that has those on it.

Thoughts on them?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they would have been available from factory I might would have got then instead of my silver... I kinda dig em just cause they're different. At least right now anyways. .

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish you were still upgrading the z71 in the picture that thing is sick. What kind of brush guard is that, Im planning on getting one around christmas and can't decide which one. Goddluck on the new truck though!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've yet to see those wheels since they aren't made from factory in gloss black. I'm guessing you could fit a 33 without rubbing too much as long as the tire isn't wider then 11.50".

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels are sick! Wish those were available when I ordered mine and I would have sold the OEM's and gone with those. I too have that 'storm trooper' look as my brother called it. I have the machined black and silver 5 spoke and love them. I have seen the gloss black 22's on a Silverado and they look really nice. Pictures of the gloss black do not do them justice. They are super sharp in person. If I started over today though I would highly consider those wheels you posted there....very nice!

OP
OP
coffeyman76

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Thanks gang!

Yeah you know my only concern is that having the 22" and then going to say a Nitto Terra Grappler with that size wheel doesn't provide for a lot of "tire". Just not a fan of the smaller side wall on a higher stance truck, at least in my mind....

I wish they made those in 20's, that would be my preferred setup. Plus you get a little better ride IMO

With the leveling kit what is the max size tire you think I can get under there on a 22" rim? Thoughts on the sidewall profile?

OP
OP
coffeyman76

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Oh man there are so many fun options!!!! The black rims have come a long way since even 2011. :licklips:

The one thing I didn't like about the matte finish on my Misfits is how hard it is to clean them. Impossible is the word, they look grey and dusty all the time.

Check out this SLE on Ebay. Pretty sweet. It says it is leveled running 33x12.50 on 20's. It looks awesome and like it fits, but that has to rub no?

I love these rims, the Black Rhino Sierra, wow. Although I love the GMC 22" (except the center cap), I think I am going to be happier with a compromise at 20" and "more tire".

.....(five minutes later) I really like the look of the Yuk on 22's... :Good or Bad:

Attachments

• Dw_800.jpg
    Dw_800.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 82
  • OQ_800.jpg
    OQ_800.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 88
  • WQ_800.jpg
    WQ_800.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 86
  • xw_800.jpg
    xw_800.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Sierra8lugmilledfull_26.jpg
    Sierra8lugmilledfull_26.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 72

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I debated this exact thing forever. Either 22's and less tire or 20's and more tire. I love the look that I have with my 33" mud terrains and 22" ck375 reps but wish I had "more tire" sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman