2015 to 2015i upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2015 is in the shop today and I got a 2015i as an loaner. I didn't think some of the changes would be a big deal but the two I am very interested in are....

1. Add handsfree lift gate
2. Replace touch screen with new capacitative touch screen

Any chance or thoughts if this is plausible?

tpgunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what its worth...I have a 2015i....the hands free liftgate seems useless to me...its just easier to hit the button and have it open by the time I reach the car....swinging your foot underneath and then backing up and waiting for it to open....in the real world I just dont see myself ever using it....

OP
OP
W

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth...I have a 2015i....the hands free liftgate seems useless to me...its just easier to hit the button and have it open by the time I reach the car....swinging your foot underneath and then backing up and waiting for it to open....in the real world I just dont see myself ever using it....

I think you're right with the foot lift gate. I have been using it all day and ehhhh. But I want that new screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're right with the foot lift gate. I have been using it all day and ehhhh. But I want that new screen.

I really appreciate it when I'm carrying the baby and something else that needs to go into the truck. In Oregon the ground is almost always wet so I don't want to put either thing down. I mean, which one goes on the ground, the baby or the beer?!

OP
OP
W

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the differences in the screens?

The 2015s have a traditional (old) style touch screen that is force based whereas the 2015i has a new capacitative screen and in my opinion looks visually sharper. It also seems to react faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog