2015 Tahoe new tires rubbing sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, same issue here with Michelin tires. Just learned to NOT go to lockout when turning.

OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, same issue here with Michelin tires. Just learned to NOT go to lockout when turning.
Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna make any changes to it. Just learn to live with it. I would, however, like to find out how to recalibrate the speedometer for the larger tires. I think I need a tuner, but $400 seems like a good bit to pay just to recalibrate the speedo.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna make any changes to it. Just learn to live with it. I would, however, like to find out how to recalibrate the speedometer for the larger tires. I think I need a tuner, but $400 seems like a good bit to pay just to recalibrate the speedo.

That's the only way to do it properly. It's worthwhile though because it's not just your odometer and speedometer reading incorrectly, it's your transmission performance and shift points too.

Plus when you purchase a tune perhaps you can make some other performance oriented adjustments as well, kill a few birds with very few stones.

OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only way to do it properly. It's worthwhile though because it's not just your odometer and speedometer reading incorrectly, it's your transmission performance and shift points too.

Plus when you purchase a tune perhaps you can make some other performance oriented adjustments as well, kill a few birds with very few stones.
If I buy a tuner, am I able to tune multiple vehicles with it? That part is unclear to me. You say "purchase a tune" as if I'm buying one thing, but from my uneducated point of view I'm buying a piece of equipment. Also, does the tuner stay hooked up or do you hook it up, program the computer, and then unhook it? Any suggestions on a tuner? I'm not looking to do anything except update the tire size and probably disable AFM so I can unhook (and sell) the Range AFM disabler I already have.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I buy a tuner, am I able to tune multiple vehicles with it? That part is unclear to me. You say "purchase a tune" as if I'm buying one thing, but from my uneducated point of view I'm buying a piece of equipment. Also, does the tuner stay hooked up or do you hook it up, program the computer, and then unhook it? Any suggestions on a tuner? I'm not looking to do anything except update the tire size and probably disable AFM so I can unhook (and sell) the Range AFM disabler I already have.
All tuners only have a certain amount of "married unlocks" before you have to buy more. But if you purchase a custom tailored tune that would be for one specific vehicle only. They send you the file via email and you load it into your tuner and then program to the vehicle. It's best to do it that way but not a necessity.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spacers are never a good solution unless you absolutely have to use them,
Use hub concentric spacers if you have to, also verify lugnuts have enough thread for proper secure engagement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts