2015 Tahoe LTZ..Strut replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HatingChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I posted in the lift section and got some great help there, but now Im kind of running out of time. I need to find a replace strut for my 2015 LTZ tahoe. Apparently this is the part number GM#84176631. Dealer says the are on backorder or possibly 3 months...but I cant seem to find ANY after market replacement that is suitable. Can anyone here help me locate one?

Bo Top

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ditch the magnetic ride. I got the shock sims kit and KYB SR4546 on an XL Denali and went with AC Delco Air Shocks on rear. All in $900 and i didn’t have to deal with a spring compressor

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have to go used they are out there, there is used set on ebay w 90 day warranty, I am assuming it is a complete strut, you may want to send them a message to confirm they have 2 listed assuming left/right

might also want to confirm those are for the front, people have the rear shocks listed as struts when they are not struts.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...tleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=2016+escalade+strut

OP
OP
H

HatingChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ditch the magnetic ride. I got the shock sims kit and KYB SR4546 on an XL Denali and went with AC Delco Air Shocks on rear. All in $900 and i didn’t have to deal with a spring compressor

If i felt like this was the truck I was going to keep another decade and become my baby, Id consider it...too many issues with this ride though

OP
OP
H

HatingChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you have to go used they are out there, there is used set on ebay w 90 day warranty, I am assuming it is a complete strut, you may want to send them a message to confirm they have 2 listed assuming left/right

might also want to confirm those are for the front, people have the rear shocks listed as struts when they are not struts.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...tleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=2016+escalade+strut

I dont know man..Im barely comfortable trying to do this job myself let alone buying something off ebay that is critical to the safety of my ride. I wouldn't know good vs bad vs fake

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know man..Im barely comfortable trying to do this job myself let alone buying something off ebay that is critical to the safety of my ride. I wouldn't know good vs bad vs fake
the one I linked would be oem from the wrecked escalade or should be anyway, you would need to ask the seller to confirm, a local junkyard may have them as well if you call around.

Edward Wilkerson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see they have the strut replacement on Ebay the seller is high quality parts. Has anyone ever used their products?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE