2015 Tahoe LT - opinions on shocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 LT as a hundred and thirty-two thousand miles on it. The shocks are not leaking but I assume they are completely original. I would like to level the front, or possibly lift both the front and rear slightly. I have rancho 9000 series shocks on my 2007 GMC Canyon with suspension Maxx 3in lift front and rear. I honestly can't say that I'm impressed with the 9000 series. My old truck had bilstein's, which I really liked. I live in Southeast Ohio so salt seems to really wreak havoc on shocks here. what is a good durable shock that would help me achieve a mild lift without costing an arm and a leg. I know that the Tahoe runs various suspension configurations, mine is four-wheel drive without the two-speed transfer case. The suspension does not appear to have anything special about it, just looks like standard shocks. Thanks again for your help

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the popular option. It looks like they have one with the spring to level the front too.

The 5100s will level the front - to raise the rear you will need a spacer or a stronger spring.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5100s will level the front - to raise the rear you will need a spacer or a stronger spring.
I think I'll leave the rear at it's current height. However, the front could stand to raise up a little. I'm sure when I trim the front airdam it'll probably make it even more noticeable.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll leave the rear at it's current height. However, the front could stand to raise up a little. I'm sure when I trim the front airdam it'll probably make it even more noticeable.

I would suggest not going any higher than 1.5" in the front.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest not going any higher than 1.5" in the front.
I agree, I don't see much need for going higher. My Colorado has Suspension Maxx keys on the front and I have them maxed out on height. It ruins the ride, handling, and binds the suspensions geometry. I plan on cranking it back down now that I have smaller tires on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645