2015 Tahoe LS stumped with Radio Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunDvl83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone 1st post alert from scouring this forum for assistance.

I have a bench seat in the front and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the radio. Every post I have found by searching shows how to remove if you have a center counsel but not with a bench seat.

Anyone else have experience removing the radio bezel??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would be a huge help as well.

Thank you!

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What vehicle do you have? Tahoe or Yukon? You should put all your pertinent vehicle (4X4 or 2WD, 5.3 engine or 6.0, LT, LS, SLT, SLE) info in your title so when you post your vehicle info is already there. Also, photos of your ride or the job you're working on, help loads. So take a picture of your cockpit and attach it so we all can get an idea of what you're working with. You have to help us help you. BTW, I've never seen a Tahoe or Yukon that has a bench seat in the front. It's always been single bucket type seats with a center console for me. Aloha!

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I can honestly say that I have never seen a bench seat in a Tahoe either. I do see it is a 2015 Tahoe. Please post some pics of the dash area where the radio is and the surrounding area and we can go from there. Most bezels like that just get a good yank and the clips holding it are spring loaded and let go and then snap back together. I have stiff plastic flat blade sticks I use. The flat blade of a screwdriver can leave marks.

If I have not said it already, welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone 1st post alert from scouring this forum for assistance.

I have a bench seat in the front and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the radio. Every post I have found by searching shows how to remove if you have a center counsel but not with a bench seat.

Anyone else have experience removing the radio bezel??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would be a huge help as well.

Thank you!
I would imagine you would look for how to remove a Silverado radio if that’s the case. I’m also following because I wanna see pics of this bench seat Tahoe

OP
OP
SunDvl83

SunDvl83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bad, 2015 LS 4x4

Base model, could be a PPV but it did not come with the spotlight but thinking it was still some kind of local GOV vehicle.26BFE874-763E-49DE-88E9-0E97279D9824.jpeg1E012CEC-AD0D-4511-A889-2C8D361AB98B.jpeg7B181BDA-71F7-450A-9AEE-0B7F82A055DD.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving responses from the folks here, and others will chime in.

OP
OP
SunDvl83

SunDvl83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could I be the only one who has a bench seat up front??

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unlike the other trim levels, the LS trim came standard with a front bench seat rather than buckets and a center console (which was optional). That is how GM got to the 9 passenger capacity.

OP
OP
SunDvl83

SunDvl83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which I am happy with but my question is how do I take apart the radio bezel??

anyone have any insight to take apart the piece below the AC controls?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe look up videos for the Silverado’s. Most if not all the GM bezels just have clips that unsnap as you pry the bezel off with a trim removal tool. Sometimes it seems like the piece is gonna break snd then it pops off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645