2015 Tahoe blue tooth issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having issues with my brand new '15 LS.
The button on the steering wheel only works one out of 20 times. I do not have the in car wifi system.
The blue tooth is paired and works but the hands free button on the steering wheel only works one out of 20 times. When I push the button a message appears on the dash saying it's "not available at this time".
If I dial from the phone, the hands free works.
If I receive a call and push the steering wheel button, it works.
The hang up button works 95% of the time.
VERY FRUSTRATING.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Darren,

As a fellow '15 LS owner, I feel your pain - others on here do as well!! The technology package found in the LS model has to be the worst I've ever seen in a current model year vehicle. Ugh... Hyundai's base radio system in their Santa Fe blows this system out of the water! While I hate to say this, GM royally failed!

I've never experienced your exact issue where it says "not available at this time", but out of curiosity, have you tried adding contacts directly to your radio?

You may already know this, but the LS model doesn't have the ability to look at your phone contacts - the steering wheel call button only uses numbers located in the vehicles contact list. When I called GM to find out why I couldn't use the steering wheel controls to access my contact on my phone, GM's technician stated that the car radio is connected to OnStar using Bluetooth and therefore can't connect to more than two devices at the same time. I find it difficult to buy into this answer, but if it's true, I'm likely to rip the OnStar module out and see if that fixes the issue... I have no intentions of renewing with OnStar.

Coming from a Ford Explorer with SYNC, which was very nice, and having paid over 40k for a vehicle that I thought would Bluetooth to my phone, I am very disappointed with the LS technology package. Hmmmm... If only I had paid $10,000 more, I could have had the radio that truly Bluetoothed to my phone. :(

Last edited:

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a three week old 2015 LTZ. The Blootooth is basically inoperable. The MyLink is also basically inoperable. After many calls to MyLink support they have suggested that I take it to the dealer.
Fun coming!

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear BobMc! Hopefully the dealership will be able to duplicate the issue.

So I guess spending 10 to 20k more isn't necessarily the answer.

BTW - what kind of plane is that in your avatar?

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post the results of my service visit when I get the Tahoe back.
The really frustrating part of this whole mess is that the voice recognition and Bluetooth worked perfectly in my 09 Tahoe.

JohnC12--
It is a Fokker Dr. 1 Triplane built by a friend of mine.
Check out: http://pioneerflightmuseum.org

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

The dealer did a "hard reset".
The negative battery cable was disconnected and left off for about an hour.
Everything seems to be working.
Fingers are crossed----

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
failed---

Back to the dealer. The screen went black three times yesterday.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, Bob! Well at least the dealer is working with you... my dealer can't replicate the issue and therefore won't address it. I sure find it odd that the radio skips constantly when driving to work, but never does it at the dealership.

BTW Bob - I tried replying to your PM but I don't have enough posts to send PM's. Who knew. I'm one post away from responding. In the meantime, nice plane! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbreard