2015 LTZ Stiff Ride in Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMCAT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 LTZ Tahoe has seemed to develop a really stiff ride in the rear. Has anyone dealt with a failure of the MRC or the air ride leveling system on the rear suspension ?? I did a search and couldn't find is someone had a similar problem.. Thank you in Advance..

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a TSB or a Dealer bulletin for a problem with some of the 2015 shocks which were replaced and an up dated new shock part # was issued.

TheEngineer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear shocks can fail in a 'locked up' position where they have no ability to dampen anymore.
They are essentially a solid rod. Do you have any DTCs or 'service suspension' messages on your dash?

Heri_LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear shocks can fail in a 'locked up' position where they have no ability to dampen anymore.
They are essentially a solid rod. Do you have any DTCs or 'service suspension' messages on your dash?
Hey bro I'm having that problem... in my dash suspension service and leveling service pops up.. I also have a 15 ltz tahoe.. it started when I drove from Texas to Florida and back.. now the ride in rears are like super hard and jumps a bit in little bumps.. I'm guessing it's on the "lock position" cause it's been about a week.. and the air bags haven't disengage yet..

TheEngineer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey bro I'm having that problem... in my dash suspension service and leveling service pops up.. I also have a 15 ltz tahoe.. it started when I drove from Texas to Florida and back.. now the ride in rears are like super hard and jumps a bit in little bumps.. I'm guessing it's on the "lock position" cause it's been about a week.. and the air bags haven't disengage yet..

You can manually disconnect the air lines from the shock to see how far (or if) they come down.
(Twist the metal clip 90 degrees, then pull the air fitting straight off)

If they come down, then it is an issue with the air auto level system not releasing pressure.
If they do NOTcome down, then the shocks have failed likely failed.

Good news there are a a lot of options for rear shocks on the 15 LTZ.

Christoph

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem on my 2015 Yukon SLT. Can anyone help? The rear shocks are making the wheels bounce hard over bumps...wheel hop at times

PaPabear55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 LTZ Tahoe has seemed to develop a really stiff ride in the rear. Has anyone dealt with a failure of the MRC or the air ride leveling system on the rear suspension ?? I did a search and couldn't find is someone had a similar problem.. Thank you in Advance..
Yes, I have a 2015 also, rough in the front and stiff in the rear, also noticed my rear sits up really high at all times. finding the issue in the front is seals blown on both shocks, I am currently looking into the issue with the rear, I pull my sxs with the Tahoe and had to use a 51/2 inch drop on it so the rear of my trailer does not drag the ground, and it handles terribly, the thing is, I only have 44k on the Tahoe, as costly as these parts are they should last longer, I bought it with 38k on it.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you lower your rear and its bouncing a lot after drop, try adjusting rear leveling rods. 1/8 shorter. Mine rods ends was screw all the way in and they were 2.720. I had to cut threads 1/8 on each side and that give me extra adjustment down to 2.600 or 1/8 shorter. Before this final adjustment every time i start car, i could hear compressor pumping and raising 1/2". This made rear shocks extra stiffer. I could feel every bump on the road. Now is much better. I hope this helps