2015 Intellilink/iPod Connectivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the iPod [Classic] with their Intellilink... 2015i or otherwise? If so, are you having issues with songs cutting off early, iPod being completely disconnected from interface, and iPod not being found when you turn off the vehicle and restart?

Frustrating to say the least.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my old old iPod classic plugged in behind the screen since April and have had no issues. I don't use it but once a week though. Have you tried a different cable? I've had other cable issues with various Apple products.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an older iPod installed behind the screen. I haven't been able to drive my 2015i much, but I did notice my that sometimes a song will start, then switch to another song after about 2 seconds.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an old iPod (pre-classic) and sometimes it manages to connect, other times not. It's annoying enough that I'm just going to dump all my songs on an SD card and stick it in the center console.

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have mine plugged in behind the radio as well. Connects fine but it's very slow to respond to switching songs etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gemarsh

Reaction score
I've got an old iPod (pre-classic) and sometimes it manages to connect, other times not. It's annoying enough that I'm just going to dump all my songs on an SD card and stick it in the center console.

Follow what has been posted on here about the SD card.

I had a old micro 16g sdcard and adapter that I used in an old phone. It was real flakey in the yuk. As in it took a long time to read and sort thru songs, it would start playing a song and then hang, sometimes not show up when the media button was pushed with "No Media Found", voice control seemed like it wasn't woking, etc.

Got mad, ordered a 32g sdcard only. Made sure it was formated to Fat32 and dropped songs and videos on to it.

Works great now, yukon read the entire card in less than 15 seconds with it being 3/4ths full. Videos run smooth and no delay in Browsing the card with the display.

Voice control has no problem with it. Tell it what song you want to hear, once that song is done, it will play the next song in alphabetical order, no matter what band it is in your library. If you chose a band it will play every song you have on the card of that group.

Works really well for road trips, I hope. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Got mad, ordered a 32g sdcard only. Made sure it was formated to Fat32 and dropped songs and videos on to it...

Do you know what family 32 GB SD card you have? SDHC, or SDXC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58