2015 GMC 20-22-24 inch replica wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it aligned its worth it imo espc when you put bigger rims on, had my 20's done with no issues

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it aligned its worth it imo espc when you put bigger rims on, had my 20's done with no issues

I deeply appreciate the advice you all have given me, thanks.

Being the original owner, I do believe that currently I am slightly higher in front than I was from new. The sagging I noted on the passenger side made me wish to correct such. Height is exactly the same both sides now, but overall higher in height I believe. And this perhaps caused some slight positive camber, and is no doubt at both front wheels.

I think for now, with just an investment of time, I'll lower the front by about 1/2"-5/8" and see how all looks? I can always go a bit lower, but I am aware that too much adjustment of the Keys either way can cause issues. At an exact stock ride height, as it left the factory, I don't think there would be any clearance issues with what I am now running.

For sure and no matter what, I am aware that basically all 4x4's will eat tires quicker on the front than the rears. Just a simple fact. Reason why one rotates tires to get maximum miles out of a set of tires. Engine weight, steering geometry, turning of tires etc.

The truck really seems to ride-handle so well right now, steering, handling, and ride all fine.
Mark

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Decrank stock keys see how low it will go. I think with a 2/2 drop would look perfect. 150 mail in rebate on belltech kits this month....hint hint. Lol

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lowered the truck today. And a couple of odd things I found that ain't jiving.

I dropped the front about an inch. Looks better, and the Camber issue in my eyes is gone, but I had to unscrew he driver's side torsion bar key bolt on the driver's side a hell of a lot more than the passenger side to get close indentical measurements. They are far from matching now. I must've decranked the driver's side 4 full turns plus to drop.

But the odd head scratcher was, my driver's side rear was way lower than the passenger side rear. I'm afraid I got the typical "driver's side dropsies" due to a gas tank and gasoline sagging my rear driver's side.

With all air exhausted from the Firestone Ride Rite Bags out back, I had well over an inch difference in rear height! Shyt!

To compensate in rear height, I got 20 psi on the passenger side, and 40 psi on the driver's side, and it's still off by about 3/8".

Lowering the drivers side front, I note that bolt is wayyyyy cranked out to achieve a close matching front end. I went back and forth with the passenger side, up, down, and a lengthy somewhat hit-miss predicatability with adjustment.

Yes, road tests were done, every adjustment I did, and the truck went for a minimum 3 mile ride, then back on my carport slab.

With the road tests, I drove the truck about 45-60 miles with all road testing, checking tire inflation (3 dropped from 40 psi, seating beads?)

I noted a bit of shake-vibration at 40-50 mph on the road, but of course roads here are crap till you are at least 35-40 miles out of town, onto state paved roads.

To me, and what I know over the years, I could possibly have a slight toe in issue that needs adjusting. Felt like a bit of scrubbing.

I'm sure one will notice such, from the change of pee wee 245/75-16 to these bigger meats. From stock, I probably gained 180 lbs.

At 75 mph, the truck was running smoother than at 45mph. This is somewhat typical of V rated tires run-ride like shyt at 45, but sing at 100.

I hate dealing with toe in at some alignment place. I've often encountered steering wheels at 1/2 past 3 after they get through.

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to find a wheel alignment shop that does big trucks. They typically have the old dial type stuff and will get you spot on. Costs a little more than the quick in out hunter job.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes it is pricing i have on the first post in this thread. I can send you a custom paypal bill whenever your interested in buying
Machine face silver or Blach Machine face 1125 shipped (1178 on ebay)

Chrome $1325 shipped (1378 on ebay)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019