2015 Denali XL Buzzing sound and Front USB Ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHWA

Reaction score
I have a couple of items that I was curious if anyone else had issues with. I have a 2015 Yukon XL Denali.

1. When I park and get out, I can hear a buzzing sound for several minutes. Sounds kind of like a small air compressor but I can not figure out where it is coming from and if this is an issue I need to have checked out.

2. For the life of me I cant get any media to play from any of my front USB ports. The rear seat port works but none of the front do including the one behind the screen. They get power, but are not recognized by the head unit.

OP
OP
S

SHWA

Reaction score
I took the Denali in to get the front media ports looked at. None of them are being recognized by intellilink. Fingers crossed it will be an easy fix.

Found out that the buzzing sound has to do with the auto-leveling system and may be heard for up to 10 minutes after you turn your vehicle off. At least this is what I found in the manual.

zxlr88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me know what you hear about those usb ports, but that might be normal operation.

OP
OP
S

SHWA

Reaction score
Let me know what you hear about those usb ports, but that might be normal operation.

I took the Denali in to the dealership and they did a firmware update. USB ports seem to be working now in both the front in back.

From what I can tell, to play video in the back you have to use either the DVD option or the rear USB/SD ports. I can not play video on the rear screens from the front USB/SD.

At least I can play music from the front ports now.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

On the buzzing sound, I found in the manual that it is the auto leveling system making adjustments. It says you may hear a sound for up to 10 minutes after the vehicle is shut off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28