2015 Carseat info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecanem

Reaction score
Preface: This is my first Yukon so I don't know what the older ones had.

As mentioned in my other thread. We have a 3rd baby coming and will have 3 under 4 and all three will be in real carseats.

We looked far and wide for cars built to accommodate car seats well and the Yukon really meets that need.

Why?

The third row in the Yukon had 3 tether and latch points. This might sound like it's normal but it's NOT. Most cars (even the acadia) only have a SINGLE tether/latch and it's in the Middle. Making the 60/40 fold pretty useless.

In addition. If you get the 2nd row bench, that row ALSO had 3 tether/latch. Granted I am getting the captains chairs. This yukon has extreme flexibility to fit 3 or even 4 car-seats (possibly up to 5 if you did 3 across in the back).

I have not done a fit test yet but once we get our XL this weekend I will take some pics with our seats in the car.

cor

Reaction score
You raise a good point! The previous generation with the bench in the middle had two latch points. The one in the middle and the passenger rear seat that folded up. It made no sense!

The middle row spot behind the driver had to use the buckle!

kiidzil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3rd row shoulder belt use

Have the Denali XL, and have newborn twins and a 14-month old. Was in the same position, just could not find something that would accommodate the 3 car seat.
Have second-row buckets and have the twins in rear facing infant seats, using the lower in seat LATCH system.
Older daughter is in a convertible in the 3rd row. There are no lower LATCH points in the 3rd row, but there are rear tether LATCHs behind all three 3rd row seats.
As the kids weights go up, you have to use the shoulder belts anyway, so I don't see it as a problem for the 3rd row (or 2nd row).

Last edited:

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone better get snipped real soon so you don't run out of room for all of those car seats!

badfnz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I made a thread asking this question, but are you able to gain access to the 3rd row with two car seats installed in the 2nd row bench seat? How exactly do the second row seats move forward: slide forward on a track or fold and flip forward?

kiidzil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Second row seats are flip forward. With the twins in rear facing seats in second row, we have to climb through to the third row by going between the second row seats, and one of the twins has to be out of the way. Not exactly easy but manageable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck