2015 Buy Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boal05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All-
I've searched around but I have only found limited info on here about a buy back. I just initiated the process through GMC and have had discussions with the senior adviser on my case. I fortunately haven't experienced the buffeting or shaking issues, but I have a ton of other issues that have just become frustrating to the point I called them Monday and asked for this.

Question though, say I get approved, what price do they offer you for the vehicle typically? NADA value, KBB value? just curious if anyone knows. Also, are most of the issues resolved on the 2017 and up models? I've been eyeing up a few 2017's and 2018's.

Thanks All!

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filed lemon law on a 2007 trailblazer SS, and got every penny back including interest (minus the lawyer fees, 2 or 3k maybe?). It was a long process that took maybe four months. They play a lot of games back and fourth. I'm sure it's different from state to state, but at the time the vehicle had to have the same issue three times to file. I would expect a GMC senior adviser give you as little as possible or deny it.

Bullitt68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased my 2018 Tahoe LT Z71 the week of Thanksgiving 2018 and can confirm they haven't fixed the booming/buffeting sound for ALL tahoes. My ears have been ringing and tons of pressure since the day I drove it home. Out of the 3 months I've owned it, it's been in the shop 1 month. It goes back tomorrow for another round of repairs.

Whenever you buy your next one, make sure you take an extended test drive. It's maddening having tinnitus and pain caused by this vehicle.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All-
I've searched around but I have only found limited info on here about a buy back. I just initiated the process through GMC and have had discussions with the senior adviser on my case. I fortunately haven't experienced the buffeting or shaking issues, but I have a ton of other issues that have just become frustrating to the point I called them Monday and asked for this.

Question though, say I get approved, what price do they offer you for the vehicle typically? NADA value, KBB value? just curious if anyone knows. Also, are most of the issues resolved on the 2017 and up models? I've been eyeing up a few 2017's and 2018's.

Thanks All!

Your state must have a great lemon law. I don't know how you can ask to Lemon a vehicle that is almost 5 years old

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a successful Lemon Law in the state of Florida on a 2015 early build Tahoe. It was a pain in the butt and a lot of hoops to jump through but well worth it. GM put me through the ringer and don't for one second think they are your friend, they are not. Their no customer service was a joke. The district manager offered me $2,000 assist money for a new Tahoe, needless to say I declined. Then she has the nerve to show up at my hearing so she and the GM rep that handles Lemon Law cases could double team me. Guess what, previous Law Enforcement experience prevailed. All of my ducks were in a row. Detailed documentation is a must. I was awarded full MSRP, which I did not pay initially, the notorious Dealer fee, taxes, all GM accessories that I had purchased-reimbursed, and a small amount deducted for mileage. For the most part I have been a GM guy all my life and I now drive a 2017 Tahoe premier which I like very much. I lost a lot of my faith in GM, almost jumped ship, and at the time of my 2015 I sent a letter to a higher up at GM with guess what, no response, not even a sorry for your trouble from the secretary. It doesn't sound like a Lemon Law deal for you and only a nibble of an offer to see if you will bite, and another win for GM. Good luck, stand your ground and keep it on a professional level. Stay involved with this forum if things work out for you, great guys and gals here, we have a lot of fun, some at each others expense, and good advice on issues or upgrades when needed.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would help if you listed the issues to find out what may be resolved by now. 8speed auto eating itself alive? nope. GM will never admit to it. What are your specific issues? I have a 16, 31k miles, no issues

OP
OP
B

boal05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks all, I thought about listing it out, but then realized the list was too long...

I've been working with a GM rep, he came back and offered a Owners Loyalty Credit of $1,000, yes folks, $1,000 towards the purchase of a new GMC. I just laughed and said it's more of an insult than anything and declined that option. They are now offering a full bumper to bumper warranty for 5 years/75k, whichever comes first after I pay roughly $600 to fix the rear entertainment system, and the third row seat part that is bad (base of 20% split seems loose) and they claim its the base bracket or something that needs replaced. This is the 2nd time we've had issues with the RES, the first time was around 27k, and now we are at 41k, which is why I'm still arguing that it shouldn't be our responsibility to fix, although I know we are out of warranty at this point. GM just puts crappy products in cars, then they cross their fingers and hope they work until it's out of warranty so it's not their problem anymore. I'm still fighting with them that it's not my responsibility to pay for their faulty RSE, but if I look at it in this way, $600 for a full bumper to bumper for another 5 years roughly...might be a descent deal.

My big problem with all of this, is even though they are offering this, it doesn't fix the fact that I will undoubtedly spend more time at the dealership, dropping off my car and dealing with that process, just to keep the 'features' of this car working until I give up and just trade it in, it just won't cost me anything at least.

I had a rental car in KC last week, 2019 Ford Expedition, it was nice, but still just seemed like a Ford at the end of the day...

Last edited:

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes this happens. Nothing anyone can say will make this experience any less annoying for you. Like you said, take the warranty and see where it goes from here.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all, I thought about listing it out, but then realized the list was too long...

I've been working with a GM rep, he came back and offered a Owners Loyalty Credit of $1,000, yes folks, $1,000 towards the purchase of a new GMC. I just laughed and said it's more of an insult than anything and declined that option. They are now offering a full bumper to bumper warranty for 5 years/75k, whichever comes first after I pay roughly $600 to fix the rear entertainment system, and the third row seat part that is bad (base of 20% split seems loose) and they claim its the base bracket or something that needs replaced. This is the 2nd time we've had issues with the RES, the first time was around 27k, and now we are at 41k, which is why I'm still arguing that it shouldn't be our responsibility to fix, although I know we are out of warranty at this point. GM just puts crappy products in cars, then they cross their fingers and hope they work until it's out of warranty so it's not their problem anymore. I'm still fighting with them that it's not my responsibility to pay for their faulty RSE, but if I look at it in this way, $600 for a full bumper to bumper for another 5 years roughly...might be a descent deal.

My big problem with all of this, is even though they are offering this, it doesn't fix the fact that I will undoubtedly spend more time at the dealership, dropping off my car and dealing with that process, just to keep the 'features' of this car working until I give up and just trade it in, it just won't cost me anything at least.

I had a rental car in KC last week, 2019 Ford Expedition, it was nice, but still just seemed like a Ford at the end of the day...

Very valid points and I understand exactly where you're coming from. It's a shame that more often than not service advisors and managers at dealerships have a hard time understanding this concept and mindset of customers who are spending the amount of money they are selling these vehicles for...

Sometimes this happens. Nothing anyone can say will make this experience any less annoying for you. Like you said, take the warranty and see where it goes from here.

I agree with this. Take the extended warranty and at least this gives you a bit more time of coverage until you can make a decision to make a change.

Good Luck. Hope it all works out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr