2015 6.2 misfire on #8 Help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RayRaysJukeJoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 yukon xl with the 6.2. It started misfiring on 8 and so far I have done the following.

1. New Plugs
2. New Plug Wires
3. New Injectors

Still, the misfire is there. I get the P0300 and then the P0308 code and I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Oh and I swapped the coil out with another cylinder and that did not change anything. The only thing I can think of now is the wiring harness and I am not sure how to test those. I can figure out the coil probably but how the heck can I test the injector wiring without taking the intake manifold off again?

Also, I don't think it is the lifter issue because #8 is not a DOD cylinder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a compression test first, Then put it on a scanner. Report back.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could still be a broken valve spring, pretty to check

bob3700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Across the river from the Arch in St. Louis
I have a 2015 yukon xl with the 6.2. It started misfiring on 8 and so far I have done the following.

1. New Plugs
2. New Plug Wires
3. New Injectors

Still, the misfire is there. I get the P0300 and then the P0308 code and I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Oh and I swapped the coil out with another cylinder and that did not change anything. The only thing I can think of now is the wiring harness and I am not sure how to test those. I can figure out the coil probably but how the heck can I test the injector wiring without taking the intake manifold off again?

Also, I don't think it is the lifter issue because #8 is not a DOD cylinder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I second the compression test as ultimately, it could be a broken valve spring or a burned valve!

OP
OP
RayRaysJukeJoint

RayRaysJukeJoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. I was going to do a compression check as exp500 suggested but I do not have a compression tester and I decided that I was getting in over my head. I mean that I dont think I would be willing and able to complete any work that would be indicated by low compression... and as it turns out I was right. I took it to a good shop and then found low compression on 8 and determined it was the head gasket by pressurizing the coolant system. Anyway, they are pulling the heads and replacing the head gaskets so we shall see if this does the trick.

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for getting back to you all so late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf