2015 6.2 liter Yukon xl denali clicking on exceleration only.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The frustrating thing is only time you can hear it is when you're driving. If you're just outside the vehicle and have somebody rev the engine it will never tick. So it's hard to see where the ticking is coming from.

Will it do it if you power brake it while it's sitting there? Load down the drivetrain?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably need to have a graphing scanner running while it happens then to confirm or disprove knock retard. Maybe just to rule it out.

OP
OP
D

dbedave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What type of scanner do I need? All I have is a $19 code reader

OP
OP
D

dbedave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For some reason it won't allow me to attach the link. Yes it does happen under hard acceleration sometimes. It seems like when I downshift to pass it does not do it. But when I'm going slow and then accelerate hard it does it.

yukon06

Reaction score
im looking at spark knock....seems worth a try to clear it up im reading is a higher octane gas or
  1. Treating your engine with a carbon cleaner or a fuel system additive, can usually clears this up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat