2015.5 Yukon Denali $$$$$$ problems, GMC helping some but not enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentj

Reaction score
My 2015.5 with 59,000 miles started shaking badly at idle. I think warranty was up by dates maybe 5 months ago?

I limped in to the dealer hoping I had a bad spark plug or something.

Bent lifter rod.

Oh and bad transmission temp sensor.

Oh also leaking water pump. Leaking radiator. Leaking struts.

Agreed to some of the repairs to get me going. Then in the afternoon another call:

Coolant leaking into one of your cylinders. Needs a new head; some of them were mis-drilled, allowing leak.

All together like $6000 of work on a vehicle worth like $39K.

The sad irony is I'd have already been sitting in a 2021 Yukon if there hadn't been production delays. I was going to buy sight-unseen but now I'm not even sure my wife will let me LOOK at a GMC

Really; the dealer says there was a known problem with mis-drilled holes in cylinder head and a service bulletin on that but GMC isn't going to cover that head replacement piece 100%? They're helping some on the drive train parts only but I feel like I've gotten a bad deal here, just out of warranty with not enough help. I'm sure that defect was there day 1.

They still have a chance to step up, my car's still in the shop; any route for appeals? I contacted customer service by online chat and she seemed real helpful at first, taking all my info but then said "there are no recalls sorry talk to your dealer"

Any other routes for appeal to GMC for more help? Please fix this GMC and I'll delete this and make a possibly bad decision and buy another Yukon. My 25 year-old Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder needs less work than this $80,000 5 year-old vehicle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of mis-drilled heads, would be interesting to see the tsb number. can you request it from the dealer and post it up here?

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skip the leaking struts and once it is repaired then trade it on a new one. Your lucky they are helping with any of it.

While it is a major repair, it could always be worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

brentj

Reaction score
GMC is helping more with it since so low mileage which I'm grateful for.

Do hope to trade it in. Hoping Yukon is part of the Costco rebate this year but fear it may not be will see...

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I read about these 15 yukon problems. The more I fear that I made a mistake with my recent purchase. Already had the tail light issue and fixed it myself because gm wanted to charge $700+ for replacement and they can’t even get it right away because they’re in high demand.... that should say something about the taillights :emotions122:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I read about these 15 yukon problems. The more I fear that I made a mistake with my recent purchase. Already had the tail light issue and fixed it myself because gm wanted to charge $700+ for replacement and they can’t even get it right away because they’re in high demand.... that should say something about the taillights :emotions122:
they are supposed to be doing the tail lights at no charge, if you pull up and show them it is not working they should just replace it at no charge, bunch of people got a letter about it.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are supposed to be doing the tail lights at no charge, if you pull up and show them it is not working they should just replace it at no charge, bunch of people got a letter about it.

they literally ended this a few months ago. I made an appointment at my local dealer. They scheduled and all then called me back to tell me the Special warranty expired and they won’t cover it... I even called gm customer service and they directed me to deal with the dealership. The only reason I didn’t bother is because I never take my truck to the dealership for service so I figured I didn’t have a good relationship to use as leverage.... ended up fixing it myself

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they literally ended this a few months ago. I made an appointment at my local dealer. They scheduled and all then called me back to tell me the Special warranty expired and they won’t cover it... I even called gm customer service and they directed me to deal with the dealership. The only reason I didn’t bother is because I never take my truck to the dealership for service so I figured I didn’t have a good relationship to use as leverage.... ended up fixing it myself

It is always good to stay on their good side. I let them change oil every 3rd time or so in case I need something major done fast. When my A/C Condenser went belly up at 80K miles the dealer fixed it in less the 24 hours. GM covered it and the dealer made GM pay for my rental Charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal