2015 5.3 Yukon Resonator Delete or Cat-Back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, muffler shop installed a Magnaflow 12249 3" straight in / out. They didn't have the off set out muffler but the bent a piece of pipe and it looked great. We did the muffler with the flapper delete and I took it for a spin. Great sound and for now I decided to leave the resonator since you could here it in the truck. Very slight drone with the V4 mode but that is going away soon and M5 works great for now. I'll post a start up video but it was too freaking cold today.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just run the trans in M5... no DOD/AFM kicks in.

jackdforme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was the result of the flapper delete? Did the flapper help kill the drone under AFM?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jackdforme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm doing the 12589 and debating a resonator delete and flapper removal but both are up in the air until I hear the 12589 hooked up with all the stock crap first. I'm in the same camp as it is too dead for me but I'll be dead if my wife hears it every day under normal circumstances

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the 12589 and debating a resonator delete and flapper removal but both are up in the air until I hear the 12589 hooked up with all the stock crap first. I'm in the same camp as it is too dead for me but I'll be dead if my wife hears it every day under normal circumstances

How is the sound with the resonator?