2015 yukon denali electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftedyukon2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello i am new here and came across this site while doing research on my wifes truck. It is a 2015 GMC yukon denali xl 6.2l. we have had multiple issues with the radio and nav system some times the radio freezes and none of the touch screen works and wont work cannot reset it cant do anything other times it will operate but there is no sound and it is very laggy. other times it is just black. We have had it to the dealership a couple times for this issue but they do software updates but never seems to be right. it seems like if i unhook the battery and let it sit for a min it will work for a short amount of time but always goes back. Now today she was driving and the instrument cluster went black and gauges quit working while she was driving down the road she says it happen twice. any help or info would be greatly appreciated. thank you

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Denali and it did the same thing to my wife. I never acted up on me until I was 12 hours into a long trip home from FL. It started changing screens randomly.....completely whacked out. I took a video of it and got it replaced under extended warranty. I also had rhs A/C intermittently not want to turn on when commanded. Dealership said they were both related. I had to do the whole "software" update BS first as well. Try and capture the failure for proof on your end. I'm guessing you need the radio unit replaced.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, just so there's not confusion, my wife said the same thing about the guages and instrument cluster. That never acted up for me, but did for her a number of times. That's where the software update was tried first. And failed

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ground wire at the frame behind the passenger front wheel liner.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is almost always a grounding issue. Start with the battery and work your way downstream. Don't forget the ground for the BCM as well.

dapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello i am new here and came across this site while doing research on my wifes truck. It is a 2015 GMC yukon denali xl 6.2l. we have had multiple issues with the radio and nav system some times the radio freezes and none of the touch screen works and wont work cannot reset it cant do anything other times it will operate but there is no sound and it is very laggy. other times it is just black. We have had it to the dealership a couple times for this issue but they do software updates but never seems to be right. it seems like if i unhook the battery and let it sit for a min it will work for a short amount of time but always goes back. Now today she was driving and the instrument cluster went black and gauges quit working while she was driving down the road she says it happen twice. any help or info would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Hi: I have a 2015 Y Denali with similar recurrent electrical problems, resulting in several instances of the dash/gauges flashing and going blank, and the engine dying. After several diagnostics looking at several different parts of the computer system that controls cruise control and parking warnings etc., the problem was found to be a main harness in the rear, above the spare tire, that had worn through in a spot and was episodically shorting out. Harness patched and problems never returned.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic