2014 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C17load

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had this beauty for 2 years put 25k on her. Mileage is at 134k now. Is there any problems with the 14s that being talked about? 1 question I have is that the drivers side of the vehicle sits 1 inch lower than the passenger side ?
Also some times the dash gauges and all lights will not activate !
Rgds Craig

Attachments

• 16974771637794749529132660560113.jpg
    16974771637794749529132660560113.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 16974772337204290991599990183556.jpg
    16974772337204290991599990183556.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 16

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a '14 that I've owned since mid '17. For the most part, alot of the issues that plagued the earlier models have been rectified by this MY. Dealership also performed some recalls when I took it in for service. Other than that it's been maintenance and replacement of components due to age.

Has the suspension ever been refreshed on your truck? If not you may want to visually inspect the front struts and look for any worn/broken components. Just a heads up that a 'quick strut' replacement will not work for this vehicle as it uses a heavy duty strut/shock assembly and Avalanche springs for the front/rear.

On the cluster issues, the actual switch itself is a cheap replacement, may want to start with that and check your fuses also.

OP
OP
C

C17load

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a '14 that I've owned since mid '17. For the most part, alot of the issues that plagued the earlier models have been rectified by this MY. Dealership also performed some recalls when I took it in for service. Other than that it's been maintenance and replacement of components due to age.

Has the suspension ever been refreshed on your truck? If not you may want to visually inspect the front struts and look for any worn/broken components. Just a heads up that a 'quick strut' replacement will not work for this vehicle as it uses a heavy duty strut/shock assembly and Avalanche springs for the front/rear.

On the cluster issues, the actual switch itself is a cheap replacement, may want to start with that and check your fuses also.
Hi thanks
I've had this beauty for 2 years put 25k on her. Mileage is at 134k now. Is there any problems with the 14s that being talked about? 1 question I have is that the drivers side of the vehicle sits 1 inch lower than the passenger side ?
Also some times the dash gauges and all lights will not activate !
Rgds Craig
Hi ,
Thank for the info on the dash , the instrument cluster will not come alive from time to time. But I can kill the power or turn the key off and repower it will come back . Any thoughts?
Regards

OP
OP
C

C17load

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you Cobraking , all great items to check

Jimgeorge

Reaction score

So if you give your garage the vin number they should be able to find the correct parts for your vehicle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20