2014 SSV..Passenger rear door flooded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had some crazy rain this past Friday and Saturday. Truck sat for the most part all weekend as I was doing other stuff in the house.

Get in this morning and start heading in for my shift and every time I come to a full stop it’s sounds like water rushing inside the truck.

Mind goes directly to “crap water pump or heater core is leaking fluid” mode. After stopping and checking radiator fill bottle and padding the floorboards front and in the way back nothing.

Just came out to lunch, passenger running board at the back by the wheel is wet open the rear door and hear water sloshing around, pulled the rubber sill plate loose and water is pissing out of there! Door must be half full of water!

Guess it’s time to look for a new window sweep or something, and look at the window motor/connections to.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that be me, I was able to remove the rubber trim, it poured out of there for nearly 3 min. I got the hose out when I got home and continued to flush out the **** that was in there, swear it look like green snot! Door was full of stuff, this weekend will pull the inner panel out and put the air line in there and shopvac out more stuff.

The passenger rear door looks to me like it was replaced it matches in color. The drivers rear door is full of small sheet metal screw holes, probably had a cage on it. That’s the only tell tale sign that I think the passenger rear door was replaced. The drivers door is full of dirt, it’s draining but time to give them a good clean.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About once a quarter, or so, I run a Q-tip into those holes to keep them cleaned out. I also take a damp towel and run it down the lower door seals to keep them clean. It seems to help.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the rear inner panels back on the doors. The passenger door window is really loose when the window is down. I can jiggle it in and out estimates 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It’s more loose towards the back of the door than to the front. Opens and closes fine just loose.

Would a new sweep fix that or am I not aligning something correctly? Honestly not sure if it was like that before I pulled it all apart today.

Hrocks

Reaction score
I have a '10 Tahoe and a few years ago I heard water sloshing and it was very weird. Narrowed down to the RR door. I pulled the rubber drain hole plugs (why they even have them is beyond me) and without exaggeration, literally gallons of water came out of that door! Obviously, I pulled the plugs on the LR door. It's been a great truck and is getting good use from my son.

MD Tahoe 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had the same problem. Posted photos of it on here before. I read that it was just a bad design issue and happens to a lot of people. Just keep draining it out. It's amazing how much water can sit inside those doors.

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue last year. Will the water possibly damage the speaker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz