2013 Yukon XL - loose steering. BBB brand rack and pinion? Gear box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The rebuilt racks are susceptible to two main factors. Age and the quality of the core and reman parts.

If a reman rack is coming out of a warehouse in AZ or say, MN, it’s going to be subject to 100*+ or -40* temps. If it’s something that’s been sitting around for a few years and the last one, the seals will have rotted out.

If it was just rebuilt with good or average parts and core, substandard seals will also turn it into a boat anchor in a matter of minutes or months.

If possible pressurize any reman rack before it’s installed.

OP
OP
D

dictum

Reaction score
So what's the best choice I can make other than new ACDelco that's almost $1000?

I don't see any rebuild ACDElco on amazon.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's the best choice I can make other than new ACDelco that's almost $1000?

I don't see any rebuild ACDElco on amazon.
I wouldn't spend more than $100 and just grab one from a junkyard and slap it in, then get it aligned.
ya'll rich, i'm poor

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazon says it does not fit 2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL. Is that an error?
It said the same for my 2007. I have a set of them here that I’d be more than happy to send you to see if they’ll work for you. I will always just replace the steering rack when the time comes.

OP
OP
D

dictum

Reaction score
that would be appreciated. Is it possible to install them with the rack and pinion not removed? Does it need some special equipment?

Or do you think it makes more sense to get the entire rack to make things simpler? Plus the gears inside must wear out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019