2013 Yukon XL Denali wiring on AC/ Heater control panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plattenator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently put back the OEM Bose radio on my 2013 Yukon xl Denali. It had an aftermarket Phoenix android radio that blew out. On that radio the AC/ Heater control was physically moved to the Phoenix radio. When I took the radio out I noticed a Pink W/ Black stripe wire that may have come out of the connector. I am trying to see what the wire is and if it has to do with the AC blower motor as the ac is no longer working. AC resistor/ Module tested good. Does anyone have a picture of the wiring harness for the 4 connectors that go to the AC control panel? 7585FFCC-9469-46F1-A63C-7C6726A2D9FA.jpegWirri

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently put back the OEM Bose radio on my 2013 Yukon xl Denali. It had an aftermarket Phoenix android radio that blew out. On that radio the AC/ Heater control was physically moved to the Phoenix radio. When I took the radio out I noticed a Pink W/ Black stripe wire that may have come out of the connector. I am trying to see what the wire is and if it has to do with the AC blower motor as the ac is no longer working. AC resistor/ Module tested good. Does anyone have a picture of the wiring harness for the 4 connectors that go to the AC control panel? View attachment 395560Wirri
I just went through 3 wiring diagrams and don't see a Pink/Black or Red/Black wire going to the HVAC control module.

OP
OP
plattenator

plattenator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New controllers must be programmed, they are not plug and play. Used ones might work if they have same options as yours.
Thanks for the update. It was actually the ac/ switch I replaced. I also tried the resistor under the passenger side dash. UI am going to bring it in to a local shop that I saw had great reviews.

Hoeston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New controllers must be programmed, they are not plug and play. Used ones might work if they have same options as yours.

Don't mean to bark up someone else's thread but maybe you've already answered this for me.

My 2014 ppv had the ac control module removed. All 4 harnesses were there and intact(if anyone still needs to see what they look like I can post a pic, let me know).

I bought a used ac module panel and put it on. Sometimes the compressor randomly shuts off and I get the blinking light, other times it starts blowing the air in different directions, not out vents and sounds like air is being forced somewhere it cannot go. Sometimes cool air randomly stops but the compressor stays on. I did also install an air filter. It initially works fine, but after awhile starts the array of issues.

Worth noting: can't find a drain hose, should there be one somewhere by firewall? , after she sits for awhle water drips out somewhere onto the concrete and sometimes water pools on the front passenger floorboard. She heats fine though...so maybe not a clogged heater core.
There is also no HVAC large fuse, it's missing a few others like fuel pump which I read is on the pump itself so not under the hood. I have a short and a few fuses blow upon replacing(haven't found the short...)
Seems like multiple issues.
Do you think the module needs to be programmed? Any other thoughts or start there?

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to bark up someone else's thread but maybe you've already answered this for me.

My 2014 ppv had the ac control module removed. All 4 harnesses were there and intact(if anyone still needs to see what they look like I can post a pic, let me know).

I bought a used ac module panel and put it on. Sometimes the compressor randomly shuts off and I get the blinking light, other times it starts blowing the air in different directions, not out vents and sounds like air is being forced somewhere it cannot go. Sometimes cool air randomly stops but the compressor stays on. I did also install an air filter. It initially works fine, but after awhile starts the array of issues.

Worth noting: can't find a drain hose, should there be one somewhere by firewall? , after she sits for awhle water drips out somewhere onto the concrete and sometimes water pools on the front passenger floorboard. She heats fine though...so maybe not a clogged heater core.
There is also no HVAC large fuse, it's missing a few others like fuel pump which I read is on the pump itself so not under the hood. I have a short and a few fuses blow upon replacing(haven't found the short...)
Seems like multiple issues.
Do you think the module needs to be programmed? Any other thoughts or start there?
I would first want to know what kind of control module the vehicle came with and what kind you replaced it with.

Within the past year or so some guys have replaced their evaporators and cleaned the drain and posted pictures on here somewhere.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird, mine are a bit different, 2012 tahoe
0648F59E-8710-4DA6-9F5E-44A8C9CC2EFE.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep