2013 Tahoe SSV drive train

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering, with the 2013 SSV Tahoe, did those ever come with lockers(in the differentials)

My SSV has 2WD/Auto/4HI/4LO on that 'selector'. 2WD is obvious, auto turns on/off 4WD automatically I assume, 4HI seems to work the same as my Jeep, 4LO works almost like your trying to move a block. I tried it in my driveway with snow, ice and compacted snow.

thanks,

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look in your glove box for the rpo code list, you can also get your build sheet from gmtech support on the gm website, just go to chat and select question about a vehicle I already own. mon-sat, closed already today and sunday.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look in your glove box for the rpo code list, you can also get your build sheet from gmtech support on the gm website, just go to chat and select question about a vehicle I already own. mon-sat, closed already today and sunday.

Hi Wes,

Ah yeah.. I planned on doing that.

Reason why I wonder is also, when I switch to 4-LO, traction control(and stabilitrak) are switched off according to the DIC.

Traction control being switched off makes sense when it is not needed, for example when the rear is locked.

Ron

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Wes,

Ah yeah.. I planned on doing that.

Reason why I wonder is also, when I switch to 4-LO, traction control(and stabilitrak) are switched off according to the DIC.

Traction control being switched off makes sense when it is not needed, for example when the rear is locked.

Ron

If you've got RPO G80, you've got it. It's not what you think though. It's not an old school locker but rather combines the functions of a locker with positraction. Lots of posts on it by me and others here. The front differential is open on all models.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've got RPO G80, you've got it. It's not what you think though. It's not an old school locker but rather combines the functions of a locker with positraction. Lots of posts on it by me and others here. The front differential is open on all models.

Hi James,

I don't see that code on my rpo-list., but it seems to act differently than "open" in 4LO, They have it in Jeeps too, positrac is like "limited slip" right?

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic