2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4wd owner. I just joined.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jirite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you haven't had the fortunate opportunity to change the driving or also called the running lights yet your in for a real treat. I just changed mind in my garage. When I tested them the new bulbs didn't turn on. I didn't want to put all the bolts back in just because of this happening. After 2 days of research I have found the problem. Several things to remember.
1. They only come on with the light switch on auto.
2. They are controlled by a light senor on the dash.
3. They automatically turn off when it turns dark and the headlights then turn on.
4. They are only on when the car is in drive.
My problem was because my garage was to dark according to the light senor. Thus the new bulbs didn't turn on. When I pulled my Tahoe out in the sun and in my driveway they worked fine. Of course I had 2 straight days of rain and I had no sun until today to test them. Don't test new driving or running lights in your garage or during rainy days. If your garage lights aren't bright enough they won't turn on and they don't turn on if it's raining or to dark. Just FYI..

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

VTHokie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from NC! Pictures of the ride when you get a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne