2013 SSV car alarm issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I walked back to my car from a store and heard 'a car' alarm go off. Not thinking much of it (who does), I walked up to my car (2013 Tahoe SSV) and the key fob wouldn't unlock it ,
Unlocked it with the key, and of course alarm went off. Another key fob didn't work either.

I could start the car like normal, drive it and after that everything seemed normal.

So I wonder if it was my Tahoe, that the alarm went off from.

Q1: if the alarm goes off, does the key-fob stop working?
Q2: is there a way to see your car alarm went off?

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by after you drove it everything seemed normal? the key fob started working again?
answer to q1 remote will work anytime regardless of anything unless the battery in fob went dead or car battery went dead or unless there is some other related electronic problems
answer to q2: yes, if the horn beeps three/four times when unlocking this is usually an indictor that the alarm has been triggered in some manner but could be caused by other issues if it does this all the time.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, yes both key fobs stopped working, and after I drove it both worked again.

The car did not open using the key-fobs BUT the horn did sound 3-4 times after I opened the driver side door, with the key.

The battery in the one I use the most is new (kinda, maybe a year old.)

Ron

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of thieves using a jammer thing to block/collect info from key fobs. Maybe that was what was going on?

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of thieves using a jammer thing to block/collect info from key fobs. Maybe that was what was going on?

I dunno, I heard a car alarm... and when I approached my car it wouldn't unlock. So I used the key .. and of course.. weirdness.
In the days after that... nothing wrong it seems.. like nothing ever happened.

It happened at a Chick-file-A parking lot .... great chicken btw....

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy