2013 PPV traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGypsyLady

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the computer generation vehicles, I'm more of the late 60s and 70s generation until the boyfriend blew my engine in my swb C10.. And i inherited the 2013 PPV Tahoe.
Traction control, I've seen on the info screen it's off and the Stabiltrak stays on.. so my question, is ir supposed to be on or off?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the computer generation vehicles, I'm more of the late 60s and 70s generation until the boyfriend blew my engine in my swb C10.. And i inherited the 2013 PPV Tahoe.
Traction control, I've seen on the info screen it's off and the Stabiltrak stays on.. so my question, is ir supposed to be on or off?
when stabiltrac is turned off the light stays on in the cluster (amber color) this just indicates the feature is off, until the key is key is cycled then you have to turn it off again

OP
OP
TheGypsyLady

TheGypsyLady

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when stabiltrac is turned off the light stays on in the cluster (amber color) this just indicates the feature is off, until the key is key is cycled then you have to turn it off again
Okay the Stabiltrak stays on. It has come across the info center that the traction is off. So are they both supposed to be on or off?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay the Stabiltrak stays on. It has come across the info center that the traction is off. So are they both supposed to be on or off?
should be on unless the button is pressed, if it is off all the time then it might be wise to have it scanned for any body codes, these would likely not be OBD related codes, you should use a higher end scanner like a snap on, autel, bosch, etc.
a tech2 is what the dealer would use, those run about $300-400 for a clone

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2013 you can't turn the stabilitrak off, so if you turn off TC that is all that turns off, the only way to disable the stabilitrak is to pull the ABS fuse, which also disables the ABS

OP
OP
TheGypsyLady

TheGypsyLady

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right. My thing was that from time to time it would flash on the info center that my traction would be off and stabletrack would be on. I just didn't know what the deal was with the traction flashing that it was off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts