2013 no brake lights ??? 3 brake works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STRE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IM NEW .i have a 2013 Yukon Denali has97k on it. I have a issue where my brake lights don't work but the 3rd one is lit bulbs are fine fuses are fine... I cannot find what's gong on. all lights work except brake lights. searched the web and no luck and hate going to dealers

Reaction score
I know you said the fuses are fine. Did you check in both fuse panels, the one on the dash and the one in the engine compartment?

Also, have you checked the bulbs? Tailight bulbs are easy to get to, just raise the liftgate and you will see 2 phillips head screws on each side for each taillight. Remove the screws and pull housing straight out away from the body. There are 2 locating pins on the back of each housing towards the outer edge that secure the housing to the body. These pins fit into rubber grommets and sometimes they can be tight getting on or off. Once the housing is off the bulbs can be accessed from the back side.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ What @gooffeyguy said. If the bulbs are good, check the stoplamp fuses if you haven't already. (The high mount stoplamp has its own fuse in the underhood fusebox.)

The lower brake lights each have their own fuses in the instrument panel fuse block; the access door is located on the driverside edge of the instrument panel. Fuses #6 & #8.

Capture_resized.jpg

OP
OP
S

STRE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^^ What @gooffeyguy said. If the bulbs are good, check the stoplamp fuses if you haven't already. (The high mount stoplamp has its own fuse in the underhood fusebox.)

The lower brake lights each have their own fuses in the instrument panel fuse block; the access door is located on the driverside edge of the instrument panel. Fuses #6 & #8.

View attachment 265972
I did that yesterday and the fuses didn't look blown so i didn't mess with them until today and replaced them anyways and .... they worked thank you

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good deal, now you may have to watch it to see why they blew in the first place, unless it was just a bad connection in the fuse socket.

The mini fuses (and other sizes in that package style) have built in test points on the tops, handy for testing. It can help to test them in-circuit with a voltmeter to be sure there's voltage on both sides. Otherwise pull them out and use the resistance (ohm) test between the fuse blades to make sure it has continuity.

One cannot always "check" a fuse by visually inspecting. Best to test by verifying.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal, now you may have to watch it to see why they blew in the first place, unless it was just a bad connection in the fuse socket.

The mini fuses (and other sizes in that package style) have built in test points on the tops, handy for testing. It can help to test them in-circuit with a voltmeter to be sure there's voltage on both sides. Otherwise pull them out and use the resistance (ohm) test between the fuse blades to make sure it has continuity.

One cannot always "check" a fuse by visually inspecting. Best to test by verifying.
yep super easy to test every fuse in the truck in just a few minutes, but I have had them look good, pass a continuity test and still be bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans