2013 2500 Yukon XL Ext Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caymanboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Yukon 2500 XL with the Large Manual Towing towing mirrors, they are now very hard to pull in and push out, any secrets to oiling or greasing them?DSC_0236r.JPG

OP
OP
Caymanboy

Caymanboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Am I the only one with these mirrors and issues?

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably haven't had much luck because those are not an OEM mirror. So no, most people probably don't have that problem. Others with aftermarket tow mirrors may chime in. Your best bet is to find out the manufacturer of those aftermarket mirrors and see if they have a maintenance tip on how to oil/grease them.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those mirrors are not OEM. I acdtually have 2 sets of OEM towing mirrors for the Duramax. One stock set and another that I just color matched. The color matched set is not on as of yet as I am short on time. They are actually one of the last items to colormatch on the Duramax. I have had No issues pulling or pushing them on neither the ones on the Duramax or the ones that we took apart and spread apart to colormatch.

swathdiver's silicone spray idea seems plausible.

Attachments

• 20210601_192200.jpg
    20210601_192200.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 8

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are aftermarket. He said they were only manual folding. He never said they were heated or power adjustable. I'm assuming his are not heated and power adjusted. If they are not then they are aftermarket. If they are like the DL8 mirror then he failed to mention it.

OP
OP
Caymanboy

Caymanboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah those mirrors are not OEM. I acdtually have 2 sets of OEM towing mirrors for the Duramax. One stock set and another that I just color matched. The color matched set is not on as of yet as I am short on time. They are actually one of the last items to colormatch on the Duramax. I have had No issues pulling or pushing them on neither the ones on the Duramax or the ones that we took apart and spread apart to colormatch.

swathdiver's silicone spray idea seems plausible.

Tried T9 to no avail.
The mirrors are on my build sheet as OEM.Capture.JPG

OP
OP
Caymanboy

Caymanboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are aftermarket. He said they were only manual folding. He never said they were heated or power adjustable. I'm assuming his are not heated and power adjusted. If they are not then they are aftermarket. If they are like the DL8 mirror then he failed to mention it.
As stated, they are on the build sheet. They are heated, adjustable and have turn signal in them. I have never seen another pair like them, but they are OEM. And the 2013 2500 XL 4x4 is rare also.
Capture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts