2011 Yukon - Heated seat module connecter failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stapleto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another failed part. All the heated seated stopped working. This is another GM common failure, connectors not rated for high current. This youtube link shows the repair,

This is on a Cadillac but GM used across the entire line. I fixed it!

Heated seat module.jpgHeated seat connector.jpg

Last edited:

wfburton159

Reaction score
Were the buttons still working? My 2010 SLT the buttons all function but the lights go out in under a minute with no seat heating. You can turn the buttons on over and over and they go out by themselves each time.

johns2008

Reaction score
my upper back portion doesn't work on both front seats, is the repair the same as to the earlier discussion.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
10 year old part that was not built for higher current? Lasted 10 years. Not saying could not have been designed/built better but to blame it all on the connector after 10 years seems like too much. Area where connector is located, resistance values thru the circuits and previous work can all contribute. After 10 years, I gotta give the benefit of the doubt to the connector. Glad you fixed it though.

johns2008

Reaction score
Is it one connector under the passenger front seat for -- the upper backs,, and lower seats ( both seats one connector ? )

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another failed part. All the heated seated stopped working. This is another GM common failure, connectors not rated for high current. This youtube link shows the repair,

View attachment 356571View attachment 356572
Pontiac floor mats?

Didn't know this was common but good to know how to fix it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a melted switch/control like this is more indicative of a short in the seat heater system (wire grids touching/shorted), poor ground, slightly over rated fuse, etc
around 2010 they made a design change from a wire grid pad or from a 6 way bottom seat vent to a one way a blower motor pad design instead for the bottom seat cushion, the lumbar is still a wire grid pad, rear seats are wire grid pads also.
the non cadi/denali lower pads may still be wire grid, not sure if the blower design change was made to all trims or not

Last edited:

johns2008

Reaction score

View attachment 356571View attachment 356572
Is this also for the upper back portion of the seat? the lower works now. Is the plugin for both seats or is there one under the drivers side also,, 2008 xl 5.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e