2011 Yukon Denali..Need Help with Snap Ring Tranny Return Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelly Steeves

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Day....
I am now at the final stage of flushing all fluids on my 2011 Yukon Denali with approx. 38,000 miles.

PSF flush, Brake bleed, Coolant, and both diffs.

I started with many YouTube vids on flushing the tranny but do you think I can get that frustrating snap ring off of the return line... Not at all...Any tips my friends...Thanks in advance..

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
you are probably trying to remove it from the center? all you have to do is use a small pic/screw driver and get under one of the end's of the clip and lift, dont let it fling off, you only remove the top line, the fluid will pump out from the radiator fitting, use 3/8 poly plastic tubing from home depot and simply insert it into the radiator fitting.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the black plastic cover exposed you should be able to easily see the clip. If you don’t have a pick tool, use a small flathead screwdriver to “roll” or rotate the clip around the line. This will help you to better see how it clips/locks around the flair.

Reaction score
They make a tool that releases the line without removing the clip. If you plan on accessing that line/port often it's much easier and quicker.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar