2011 Tahoe SSV installed jump seat console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppvfan

Reaction score
When I got my SSV from the auction it was pretty stripped down inside. The most noticeable things were the large empty space between the two front seats and the rubber floor. While I liked both of these things, not having an arm rest was getting on my nerves so i started looking for consoles. Ebay had plenty of the three cup holder type jump seats for NNBS's. However the pricing has been very arrogant. $400 plus a hundred for shipping. Screw them. I've noticed that not too many were being sold.
I finally find a local (100 miles away) municipality auction that had a small lot of crap which contained a new, unused jump seat OEM. I won the auction for $147 and picked it up this morning. It came from a 2013 Silverado but everything should fit, right? Haha....
So I get into things, pull the front seats out. I put the jump seat in place and it's a bit wonky. The bottom part of the seat compartment tray is hitting against the plastic cover that goes over the air bag deployment module (or whatever you want to call it). It was only in the way by about an inch so out comes Mr. hacksaw. Five minutes and two cuts later the console fit perfectly. The icing on the cake was that I was able to fish out a pig tail that connected directly to the power outlet in the console.
If you are go go pull the seats you will need two sizes of E-Torx sockets. There is a larger size for ones in the front of the seats and a smaller one in the back. The smaller one you can get in a set at Harbor Freight and sells for about 8 bucks. The larger one I ordered on ebay for about ten bucks. It's a Vim tool V620 GM seat track socket. It works great and doesn't damage the external E-Torx nut. I will be posting more the of the photos in my albums later.
So bottom line, I went from zero to five cup holders in one hour. Lol.
Yes, yes, I know. I will be cleaning the seats later. Problem is three kids and a German Shephard...

View attachment 35071 View attachment 35072 View attachment 35073 View attachment 35074 View attachment 35075
Excellent info. I'm doing the same thing this weekend. Except my console came with no mounting legs so time to MacGyver something to hold it down. I won't be using it as a seat. Thanks.

OP
OP
iLikeEggs

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Excellent info. I'm doing the same thing this weekend. Except my console came with no mounting legs so time to MacGyver something to hold it down. I won't be using it as a seat. Thanks.
No mounting legs? Oh well, if the price was right make it happen! They may be listed on gmpartsdirect.com. If not, maybe get creative with some corner braces from home depot. Be sure to upload some pics.

ppvfan

Reaction score
I checked at my dealer and the jumpseat console mounting frame is not available separately. I ended up using flat strip steel with holes in it. It was thin enough to be able to bend.

After cutting off the back section of that cover I made cardboard templates to get the approximate leg length. Then..

- cut the steel legs to length and bent a 90 where they attach to the existing jump seat frame bolts
- cut the holes at the bottom of the legs into slots and bent slightly to follow the hump
- loosened the driver and pax seat bolts
- with help, lifted the console into place
- tilted the seats outward to get the slots in the strip to slide around seat bolts under the seat frames
- wriggled and bent everything around to get the right position
- (took it out to trim a bit)
- tightened the seat bolts down with a breaker bar

It can never be used as a seat but now I have a decent console with cup holders and storage. Just have to stop bashing my elbow when I get in. The photos show the driver's seat right front mount. The rest are similar.

console2.jpg

console1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu