2011 Tahoe - New stereo & backup camera. 3 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VA Rebel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, Newb here. Looked all over and couldn't find the answers so here I am.
Background: I bought a Sony CarPlay and a PAC that Bestbuy recommended to replace my stereo that went out in my 2011 Tahoe LT bose with rear entertainment.

#1. I bought a OEM backup camera off Ebay and when I took the liftgate panel off to mount the camera there is no harness for the backup. The Sony knows when the vehicle is in reverse so I figured they had them prewired. I guess I'm wrong. Should I just get an aftermarket cam or is the there an oem harness available?

#2. Is there anyway to keep the DVD player or power it up? Right now I have no power to it or controls for it.

#3. The rear speakers have almost no sound coming out of them. Any clue what could be causing this?
Thanks in advance for y'alls help.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I completely removed my Bose system on my truck, when I upgraded the audio system. However, there are some folks on this Forum who upgraded their Bose audio systems, while keeping the Bose speakers in place, and they will chime in.

There are also folks who installed backup cameras, and they will chime in, as well.

OP
OP
V

VA Rebel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'll snap a pic of the Tahoe later but it's just a Silver LT that everything is stock on.