2011 Tahoe LTZ Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sundancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greeting Everyone, please forgive me if I am in the wrong section but I have never posted before but do read alot here. I am looking for some advice from folks like yourselves that live and breath mechanics.

Unfortunately, I just keep mine super clean and detailed, change the oil and filter and then leave any big job to the mechanic. 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ purchased new in 2011, no major hiccups yet.

Anyways, I am looking to change my front and rear shocks at 75K and when I go to the parts look-up site at the big Auto discount stores, I get a series of different shocks. Again, since I am not a mechanic, I am not sure if I have air ride or what ? I don't want to buy the cheapest nor do I need the most expensive but I do need some advise on which ones.

I don't use her everyday, I live in the suburbs but come into the NYC once a week and the roads are a mess (120 miles round trip).
Thanks in Advance !

Reaction score
The LTZ more than likely has the Z55 autoride shocks. You can verify this by looking at the RPO options sticker in the glove box.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @gooffeyguy that there is a good chance you have the Z55 Autoride suspension (which entails electronic dampening control (front and rear) and air auto leveling (Rear) ). These shocks are quite expensive (relative to less sophisticated offerings).

Is there a reason you are planning to replace them? Or are you planning replacement as a prophylactic measure?

I have the Z55 RPO on my Yukon and think it is the best suspension I have owned on a truck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greeting Everyone, please forgive me if I am in the wrong section but I have never posted before but do read alot here. I am looking for some advice from folks like yourselves that live and breath mechanics.

Unfortunately, I just keep mine super clean and detailed, change the oil and filter and then leave any big job to the mechanic. 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ purchased new in 2011, no major hiccups yet.

Anyways, I am looking to change my front and rear shocks at 75K and when I go to the parts look-up site at the big Auto discount stores, I get a series of different shocks. Again, since I am not a mechanic, I am not sure if I have air ride or what ? I don't want to buy the cheapest nor do I need the most expensive but I do need some advise on which ones.

I don't use her everyday, I live in the suburbs but come into the NYC once a week and the roads are a mess (120 miles round trip).
Thanks in Advance !
Inside of your glovebox is an RPO sheet. Look for the 6XX and 7XX codes, these are your front shocks and see if you have ZW7 or Z55.

Anything wrong with the ride?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to 'participating' part of the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Another option for you to determine what is installed on your truck and what the correct replacement GM part numbers are, is for you to post the last 8 digits of your truck's VIN number, and @915_Tahoe will provide those details to you.

Once you have determined what you need, I recommend that you do not purchase your parts at the local auto discount stores, but instead look at RockAuto.com, GMPartsDirect.com, and GMPartsGiant.com, where you will find genuine GM parts at much better prices than the dealer, and have better quality than aftermarket parts at the local auto discount stores.

OP
OP
Sundancer

Sundancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. I have been busy beyond busy at work but finally settling down to normal.
Well, here are the last 8 of my VIN#BR356650…..based on that I saw the z55 for the front shocks. Now here’s another question: Z55 translates to what?
I also added a photo…CBAD2279-C197-4758-BD2E-C5126EAB0523.jpeg4B66DF49-B38F-43E4-AF27-2C95E286A99E.jpeg

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google it and it will tell you. Air shocks in the back and there will be codes on the sticker like 6vb, etc....

If you look at the front shocks there should be electrical connectors. Z55 is the smooth ride option.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505