2011 Tahoe audio issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rogers982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LS with a Husker package upgrade that has the touch screen Rosen infotainment system and 1 DVD player in each of the front headrests.

My wife and I just picked it up for what I thought was a good deal but now I am having troubles figuring out an issue that has just started.

I am getting a loud high pitch noise through the speakers as well as a best I can describe a pulsing humming noise. It had the original alternator and an old battery in it. I tested the charging system and ended up replacing the alternator and battery as the voltage regulator showed bad on alternator and the battery had a slight weak load test.

If I pull the radio fuse no noise. I put it back in after replacing everything and it worked for around 15 minutes and then the noise came back. Doesn't matter if head unit is off or on and the volume nob makes no difference on sound level. Also changing inputs makes no difference.

I looked through several forums over the last couple days and haven't found anything. I'm at a loss and am open to any suggestions or advice.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LS with a Husker package upgrade that has the touch screen Rosen infotainment system and 1 DVD player in each of the front headrests.

My wife and I just picked it up for what I thought was a good deal but now I am having troubles figuring out an issue that has just started.

I am getting a loud high pitch noise through the speakers as well as a best I can describe a pulsing humming noise. It had the original alternator and an old battery in it. I tested the charging system and ended up replacing the alternator and battery as the voltage regulator showed bad on alternator and the battery had a slight weak load test.

If I pull the radio fuse no noise. I put it back in after replacing everything and it worked for around 15 minutes and then the noise came back. Doesn't matter if head unit is off or on and the volume nob makes no difference on sound level. Also changing inputs makes no difference.

I looked through several forums over the last couple days and haven't found anything. I'm at a loss and am open to any suggestions or advice.
clean the battery cables up even if they look ok, use a wire brush and check the other main grounds in the engine compartment
my best guess based on your description is maybe a poor ground somewhere that surfaced after it got warmed up for 15 minutes.
you could even ohm test the battery cables they are known to corrode from the inside and look fine outside.

OP
OP
R

Rogers982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
clean the battery cables up even if they look ok, use a wire brush and check the other main grounds in the engine compartment
my best guess based on your description is maybe a poor ground somewhere that surfaced after it got warmed up for 15 minutes.
you could even ohm test the battery cables they are known to corrode from the inside and look fine outside.
I cleaned and inspected the battery cables when I replaced the battery and also cleaned the end that connects to the stud on the alternator. I'll also ohm test the cables I didn't even think of that.

I checked the grounds and they all appeared clean and good but I'll double check them as well.

Thank you

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That Rosen system is an aftermarket addition installed by a third (or fourth?) party. Possibly a shop local to the dealership. I'm betting either the electronics are faulty or it's a mishap in the wiring such as a nicked RCA cable. Instead of pulling the radio fuse, disconnect one wire at a time at the main unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy