2011 Suburban outside temperature not reading correctly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery was dying over the course of a few days and it finally died the other day. Tossed a battery charger on, put it to start and started up the truck. AC was blowing heat while set to 67 degrees and I noticed the outside temperature reading 55 degrees on the dash (was 90 outside). Disconnected the battery and was able to get the AC to run.

However, the dash is still reading 55 degrees.

I tried the search function but couldn't find anything.

If this is just a matter of replacing the ambient temp sensor, great. The few vids I've seen require you to remove the bumper cover. Any work around for this?

Thanks!

Brian

BTW, new battery was put in this morning and the temp is still reading 55 degrees.

Reaction score
There is an instant update procedure that might help, otherwise if you know someone with a Tech2 they can initialize a relearn or calibration.

The instant update involves holding the recirculate and AC snowflake buttons on the HVAC control at the same time for a couple seconds

If you do have to remove the grill to replace the sensor, it is rather easy and only takes about 2 minutes.

OP
OP
njracer

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an instant update procedure that might help, otherwise if you know someone with a Tech2 they can initialize a relearn or calibration.

The instant update involves holding the recirculate and AC snowflake buttons on the HVAC control at the same time for a couple seconds

If you do have to remove the grill to replace the sensor, it is rather easy and only takes about 2 minutes.

The instant update procedure worked!

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14