2011 Chevy Tahoe Radio With No Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisG22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, and thank you for taking the time to look at my question. I have a 2011 Tahoe (base model) that has an issue with the radio. No matter what you turn the volume too, it will not make any noise. I know the speakers are good as none of them produce any type of static noise and all of them are silent. The radio signal is also good as it can pick up the station names and information. It just won’t make any noise. Another thing to note is none of the alarms work as well, like the turn signal or the sound that plays when a door is open or seatbelt not worn. I have the interior out at the moment working on some other things and there is some rust right by where your foot would rest on the gas/ brake pedals. Could there be a wire short down there, or is there something else that would cause this issue? Feel free to ask me some more details.
Thanks,
Chris

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Chris, did you recently acquire this? If so, it's possible the original unit was put back in and not connected properly.

On the other hand, there may be a problem with the head unit. I don't know my way around the traditional way of trouble shooting things, but a bi-directional scan tool can test the radio and speakers and check internal trouble codes. Do you have or know anyone with a Tech-2 or Snap-On Solus for example?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia