2011 Chev Tahoe LTZ cruise control will not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHmn2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My cruise control has not worked for a while now, when pressing the cruise button on the steering wheel, the cruise image does not come on in the instrument panel. I did a scan and got the following error code P0573: Cruise Control/Brake Switch Circuit A High. I've already swapped out the brake switch circuit on the brake pedal, but that did not fix the problem. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Ciro

Reaction score
If you swapped out the stoplight switch with a brand new one and hopefully OEM and it did not fix the problem I would check the Misc IGN fuse in the underhood fuse box. It is in the position #43 on my 2007, I believe it is in the same place in your 2011. This fuse sends power to the stoplight switch. Your code points to the switch but chances are the wiring may be the problem either for opens/shortage or not receiving the correct signals / voltage.

2016-09-52-29.jpg

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you swap out the switch with a GM one or aftermarket?

I went through 3 switches from NAPA. All 3 were messed up out of the box. Finally bought one at the dealer and everything has worked properly since.

OP
OP
D

DHmn2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had originally swapped out the Brake Light Switch with a new AC Delco brand switch and that did not fix the problem, is there a way to test the switch to see if it is good or not? I've checked all the fuses and everything is good there. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Ciro

Reaction score
You can open it and look for corrosion on the contacts, before I purchased the AC DELCO D1539J I tried to clean the little contacts with a cleaner and I used sand paper (1000 grit) as well, some people says this fixed the problem, Well, my switch looked clean but the switch did not work, so I decided to buy a brand new switch, I installed it and my cruise control is working again.

2016-11-24-28.jpg

Ciro

Reaction score
Here you have the Brake Switch Test, you will need a multimeter to test for resistance:

Stop Lamp Switch Test
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the stop lamp switch.
2. With the brake pedal released, test for infinite resistance between terminals A and B of the
switch.
If resistance is not as specified, replace the stop lamp switch.
3. With the brake pedal released, test for less than 1.0 ohm resistance between terminals C and
D of the switch.
4. With the brake pedal applied, test for less than 1.0 ohm resistance between terminals A and
B of the switch.
5. With the brake pedal applied, test for infinite resistance between terminals C and D of the
switch.