2010 ppv upgrading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarad Kirby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm on the fence on selling my 2010 ppv. Only because it has some issues, there are multiple issues and I'm curious to know if they're worth fixing and then upgrading the truck. Or if upgrading the truck will fix the issues.

Smaller issues:
Replace oil and trans cooler lines
Replace valve cover seals
Replace sparkplugs.
Just general maintenance.

Random issues:
The truck does some weird electrical thing where it will shut down while driving and not turn on. I shake the power wire on the positive terminal (tight connection) and it will work just fine.

The main issue that scares me is I believe to be a transmission issue.

When I go to slow down to like a stop sign, it feels like it down shifts into a lower gear with to high of rpms. And kind of jerks.

Also, when I'm trying to get up to highway speed I feel like when it goes to shift. It stalls out and then gets into gear

I was planning on doing a black bear tune, was wondering if that would solve the issues. Or maybe afm delete add a cam and a dod delete. And then a return.

Or just sell it and buy a new truck.

Haha

Any help would be appreciated

IMG_20170425_164811.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it worth a shop checking out? The tune won’t fix internal problems. The items you listed are fairly simple fixes assuming there are no dic lights? If you like it get it checked if you sell most test drives will bring out the same questions you have. Good luck

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it worth a shop checking out? The tune won’t fix internal problems. The items you listed are fairly simple fixes assuming there are no dic lights? If you like it get it checked if you sell most test drives will bring out the same questions you have. Good luck
This almost sounds like the famous ground wire issue... The negative battery cables start breaking down internally. I had very similar issues when I bought my truck. I replaced the negative battery cable (less than $50 on Amazon) and haven't had the issue since.

The smaller issues you mentioned are normal for any used car.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jarad Kirby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This almost sounds like the famous ground wire issue... The negative battery cables start breaking down internally. I had very similar issues when I bought my truck. I replaced the negative battery cable (less than $50 on Amazon) and haven't had the issue since.

The smaller issues you mentioned are normal for any used car.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks!

I'm mostly concerned about the possible transmission issue

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you shoot us a quick email ([email protected]) the tuner would be able to check out your setup and let you know what he thinks.

We would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal, that will allow us to see your vehicle data, and provide custom tune files via email. In general with our tunes, along with HP and TQ gains, we can improve shift points and throttle response, all depending fuel quality, octane, and condition of the vehicle prior to the tune.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Look .....it looks like a straight truck. Putting 3 or 4k into it to make it perfect is better than buying another with maybe other issues. So you might spend a little money at the dealer but I believe it will be well worth it.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the power issue with my 2008 Sierra Denali. It would shut off at random times, nothing I could do would bring it back to life......it just worked again when it wanted to. The worse part was losing voltage while driving down the highway, it was trying to downshift to 1st gear at 75mph. Drove me insane, so I drove the truck to Carmax one day when it was working fine and sold it to them. I couldn't sell the truck to an individual like that, so I figured Carmax was a good option. :fca5278e:

Your transmission issue sounds more like a throttle body issue to me. Do you know if it was recently removed and cleaned or replaced? Or the throttle position sensor? It takes several days of driving (almost a week for me) for the driving to get back to normal. Of course with a proper GM scantool, it can be calibrated manually. If its been like that for a while, I would bet the throttle is gummed up and sticking and/or you have a bad TPS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288