2010 PPV to Stock LS/LT height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010ppv03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I’m looking to take a 2010 PPV back to stock height of LS/LT. What actually needs to be done? I have not looked at the actual suspension, but think a lowering kit for the front was used to get the lower stance. I’m not a mechanic and not super smart on Chevy stuff at all. A list of parts with part numbers would also be cool if anyone has done this. Just a bit overwhelmed as info seems hard to find on parts used to get the Tahoe into its current stance.

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I’m looking to take a 2010 PPV back to stock height of LS/LT. What actually needs to be done? I have not looked at the actual suspension, but think a lowering kit for the front was used to get the lower stance. I’m not a mechanic and not super smart on Chevy stuff at all. A list of parts with part numbers would also be cool if anyone has done this. Just a bit overwhelmed as info seems hard to find on parts used to get the Tahoe into its current stance.
I'm trying to do the same to my 2011 ppv

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious as to WHY you would do this? PPVs are purpose built vehicles, if they don’t serve your purpose, you should just get a civilian model….

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PPV uses Avalanche springs for the front and rear and a heavy duty strut/shock.

If you absolutely want to go to LS/LT height - just ask the dealer for the 2010 LS/LT front quickstrut package and similar LS/LT rear springs and shocks.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of the lowering equation is the smaller wheels and tires.... changing them out to stock LT size will gain you some height...

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference in the suspension is the rear coil springs are shorter, to lower the rear more. The low profile tires are what give it a lowered appearance up front.
I’m curious as to WHY you would do this? PPVs are purpose built vehicles, if they don’t serve your purpose, you should just get a civilian model….
Why would you criticize what someone else wants to do? Who TF cares? It isn't your truck, your money, or your decision.

Rest assured, there is nothing special about a PPV. Other than it being on government contracts, being a very base model vehicle, and a couple of options that don't come on vehicles to the public.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Technically PPVs are LS models.
From what I can remember the early PPV Tahoe used Pedders 2" drop coils front and rear but I think they only used them for a couple of years. I think that was for 07 and 08.
I'd email an online GM Parts supplier with your VIN# and inquire about seeing if they can provide you with specific part numbers to ensure you're getting the right stuff. Explain to them you'd like to swap the suspension from a PPV to a LS/LT standard suspension and they should give you a list or a schematic of said parts. I have done that in the past and it has worked out great. If you need any assistance just yell.
I'm actually considering doing the same thing to mine but adding a little suspension travel to the mix.

Richard took the words out of my mouth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan